Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Article about: Oh wow! Youre right.....it is most likely an uncropped example, as mine is smaller than postcard size. Also there are a few minor details that are different on mine (probably because of the

?

Default Re: My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images
    P
    Many

?

Can some1 identify the KC holder in this original period Photo (not a postcard either)??
    (the pic of the reverse side of Agfa Lupex photo is the KC photographs backside)
    And anyone who is interested in the WW1 pics, PM me as I dont collect them and would be willing to trade/sell
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

?

Anbody know who that KC holder is???? I wish there was a name on the back of the photo, but theres not. I believe it cam out of an album though cuz it has a black paper piece on the right corner. Im not even sure what the cuff title says??

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Anbody know who that KC holder is???? I wish there was a name on the back of the photo, but theres not. I believe it cam out of an album though cuz it has a black paper piece on the right corner. Im not even sure what the cuff title says??
    i guess he looks like ernst udet as he has the udet geschwader band and the kc and the plm
    Attached Images Attached Images My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images 

He looks a bit odd in this photograph, but it is Hermann Göring. The cufftitle is the traditions cuffband for the WW1 Jagdgeschwader Richthofen, whose last CO was Göring: Cufftitles of the Luftwaffe
    (By the way, the Schlcht/Angolia work on the uniforms and traditions of the Luftwaffe has a photograph apparently taken on the same occasion where he is just lighting up his pipe with an SS officer standing in the background.)

?

He does look like UDET Klinger, youre right.....good guess and thanks for the photo comparison too!

HPL: I knew it would be smart to ask you! I wouldnt have guessed it to be Goring to be honest. He looks so different and thin here. I would love to see the Schlicht/Angolia photo, I will have to look for it online. I tried to ask the seller who it was, but he had no clue. So I guess it was a good buy then, right? I normally would expect a photo like this to be a modern print/reproduction, but it is indeed on Agfa Lupex paper and seems to have been in a album at one point in time (luckily not glued though). Thanks for the cuff title ID as well. I also noticed he is wearing an odd belt and buckle too. Thanks again for all the help, I knew you would be able to Identify him!

?

Any guess or estimate on the year this could have been taken by any chance?? I could probly find out by looking for that other photo tho, so I will check it out either way, but figured id ask

Is it a Führerinnen uniform he is wearing?

the belt is just a 2 dorn koppel

Any guess or estimate on the year this could have been taken by any chance?? I could probly find out by looking for that other photo tho, so I will check it out either way, but figured id ask
    The photo shows Göring as a Generalfeldmarschall with the Knight's Cross. He had held the rank of GFM since February 1938, was awarded the Knight's Cross on 30 Sept. 1939 and was promoted to his unique rank of Reichsmarschall on 19 July 1940. Hence, we can date the photograph to the time period from Autumn 1939 to the Summer of 1940.

Is it a Führerinnen uniform he is wearing?
    Führerinnen means "female officers"; I think you are confusing this with some other term....
    No, he is wearing a blue-grey Luftwaffe officers' Fliegerbluse.

?

haha Yup I definitely misunderstood the Luftwaffe Uniforms page I was looking at for reference! They were showing Luft uniforms for officers and higher ranks, I must have been looking at the title above the pic, when I should have been looking below. My bad. I told you I needed to learn some German HPL! Anyway, so it is just a regular Fliegerbluse then....ok. thanks. Good job pinpointing the Dates. I appreciate that.

After reveiwing some images of Goring, I can definitely see the resemblence. He really doesnt look his "normal self" in this pic tho. I still cant find the photo of him that is in Angolias book though. Ill have to buy the book sooner or later, since Ive heard it is a great reference too. I have one more question HPL, would he wear the "Jagd Richthofen" cuffband on other tunics/bluses as well?? or was it only worn on specific occasions or during a certain period of time? I know it represents his prior service in the WWI unit, but I just didnt know if it was allowed to be worn all the time or not. After reading the link page above, It was said that he would be wearing the "comemmorative version" which was worn after 1935....which I thoight was pretty neat
    Last edited by Bill T; 11-02-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast