MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Article about: Oh wow! Youre right.....it is most likely an uncropped example, as mine is smaller than postcard size. Also there are a few minor details that are different on mine (probably because of the

Default Re: My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Ill have to buy the book sooner or later, since Ive heard it is a great reference too.
    Absolutely, it's one of those must-have standard references and highly recommended. (I have the German one-volume edition)

I have one more question HPL, would he wear the "Jagd Richthofen" cuffband on other tunics/bluses as well?? or was it only worn on specific occasions or during a certain period of time?
    Judging from period photographs, Göring wore it on most, but not all of his blue-grey Luftwaffe tunics and blouses. He stopped using it when he began to wear his unique, light-dove-grey Reichsmarschall uniforms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images
    P
    Many

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Absolutely, it's one of those must-have standard references and highly recommended. (I have the German one-volume edition)

Judging from period photographs, Göring wore it on most, but not all of his blue-grey Luftwaffe tunics and blouses. He stopped using it when he began to wear his unique, light-dove-grey Reichsmarschall uniforms.
    by any chance do you know who may be the guy in my thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...79/#post203008

?

Judging from period photographs, Göring wore it on most, but not all of his blue-grey Luftwaffe tunics and blouses. He stopped using it when he began to wear his unique, light-dove-grey Reichsmarschall uniforms.[/QUOTE]

Ok good to know. Yes, he was certainly a character and didnt mind standing out among the crowd in those flashy uniforms of his. I guess that could be why I didnt see too many photos of him wearing that cuff title, since most images I see of him he is wearing the later colorful uniforms

here some more photos for the thread
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

Quote by klinger View Post
    by any chance do you know who may be the guy in my thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...79/#post203008
    Sorry; he looks vaguely familiar, but I don't know who he is.

?

nice klinger. love the women photos. Your always findin those nice women in uniform photos....the OST one and all the rest. Any luck on findin your RK guy?

?

I thought this was a cool photo.....I believe it shows an Army General saluting Luftwaffe troops. I could be wrong, but is he a General? I know the pic of him isnt that clear but....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

I thought this was a cool photo.....I believe it shows an Army General saluting Luftwaffe troops. I could be wrong, but is he a General? I know the pic of him isnt that clear but....
    Yes, he is a General Officer. Look closely at what is visible of his collar patch and at the stripes (Lampassen) on his breeches.

?

Thanks HPL. I figured he would be a General seeing his stripes, and also noticing that he is the one saluting and is the "main attraction" haha. His cap looks slightly more peaked. I cant really see the collar tabs too well, so I wasnt sure. I also noticed that the troops seem to be wearing early steel helmets (M16's?) too. Do you think this would just be your average inspection of the troops type deal?

?

few more. I think the guys in the black uniforms are DAF, but I very well could be wrong. it was titled as Reichspost men when I bought it, which clearly they are not IMO. Im sure HPL can enlighten me if he sees these guys.
    And yes, thats a chick with the bayonet laying in the grass

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast