Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Article about: Oh wow! Youre right.....it is most likely an uncropped example, as mine is smaller than postcard size. Also there are a few minor details that are different on mine (probably because of the

?

Default Re: My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images

Oh wow! Youre right.....it is most likely an uncropped example, as mine is smaller than postcard size. Also there are a few minor details that are different on mine (probably because of the cropping etc). I wonder what the reverse side of his photo looks like?? I cant believe you found this, I have been looking all over the web for photos of Goring to see if I could find that photo w/ the SS mann you were talking about. Anyway, your estimate on the date was incredibley precise! You're good! I wish I could read German to find out what people had to say about his photo. I like how his shows more of the scene. In all honesty though, I have reviewed my photo to find anything that would disprove its originality, and I cant find anything. Ive compared the Agfa Lupex markings to other photos with the same mark, and they are identical and proper. Like I said before too, it does show some wear and signs of being in an album.....so My opinion is that my photo is an original shot. It is possible that period copies were made of this photo since it is of a Well-known figure. But I always hate when copies are made because I like to think that I am the only one who holds the photo! haha

Anyway, thank you for finding that and posting it for me to see. Its exactly what Ive been searching for to find more info on this. Thanks again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images
    P
    Many

?

Also HPL, Do you think the guy meant "SUDAN" as in N.Africa rather than "sEdan"?? Or is there really a Sedan? thanks

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I cant believe you found this, I have been looking all over the web for photos of Goring to see if I could find that photo w/ the SS mann you were talking about.
    Actually, that was precisely what I was (unsuccessfully) looking for when I found this photograph. By the way: I discovered it by using the search terms "Göring Pfeife" [= pipe] on Google's image search!
    So, I still have to refer you to the Angolia/Schlicht work.

I wish I could read German to find out what people had to say about his photo.
    Don't worry; it doesn't add new information:
    They, too, are trying to date the picture by interpreting the insignia and other details visible. The comments by the posters Ralf Bülow (who doesn't even believe it to be Göring!) and Gerd Nutsch (who misinterpretes the details and misdates the image to ca. 1937) are useless. Theo Rieser tentatively identifies Göring, Frank Zeillinger confirms that it is indeed Göring and Hans-Werner Martin points out that Gerd Nutsch's pre-war dating is wrong as Göring is wearing a Knight's Cross.
    Sven Rücker comes to the same conclusions as I, correctly identifying Görings rank and dating the image to the Oct. 39 - July 40 period. (In keeping with the text on the photograph.)

Anyway, thank you for finding that and posting it for me to see. Its exactly what Ive been searching for to find more info on this. Thanks again
    You're welcome; glad I could help!

Also HPL, Do you think the guy meant "SUDAN" as in N.Africa rather than "sEdan"?? Or is there really a Sedan? thanks
    Sure; Sedan in France:
    Sedan, Ardennes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ...best known in Germany for the 1870 Battle of Sedan:
    Battle of Sedan (1870) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....And, let's face it: In June 1940, it was certainly a hell of a lot more likely to find Göring in Sedan than in Sudan!

?

HAHA Thats what I thought~!!! That was my main reason for asking, as Africa didnt quite make sense.....but I didnt know Sedan, France though. Ardennes makes much more sense! Thanks again for everything.

And its good to know what the others said....even though only one of them was correct. lol But either way, it makes me want to buy Angolias book even more. thanks for the translation on the other page though

ps- I also searched Herr Goring "smoking pipe" on yahoo but didnt click the site you found. I just found it though, and it brought up a PDF file with the photo image. GOOD FIND HPL!!

?

just picked up some really nice photos from this seller. I ended up paying a little too much for the photo of the Panzermann in his tank in Sudentenland 1938, but it is at least a very clear and detailed photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images   My WW2 PHOTOS collection - Third Reich Images  

?

Is that Hess in the staff car with his face covered? I love your collection! I'll see if I can post some here to add to the page as you said. Thanks , bro!
    ~Dean

Checkout this album that closed this morning (Australian time): more ships at Dunkirk!

You can see just how popular a 'tourist attraction' the ships of Dunkirk were for the Germans so there's likely hundreds of shots of them. Interesting album too, pics of Rommel as well :-)

The soldier in 10-11 has a uniform that is very similar to the Norwegian M/14 uniform, but still quite not the same. The belt sure looks Norwegian to me. The dress dagger might give it again, isn't it a Feuerwehr dagger?

Picture is from:
    Shütze from Samlerforumet
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9