Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 329 of 365 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Some recent additions and though they are part of a large lot from a British serviceman's that I bought I thought they would be appreciated here, or at least these showing German items. Mostly wrecked axis vehicles and guns, also some POW's and a Grave for a German airman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bill, I would be tempted to attribute the pic to a member of Panzer Regt 1. This was a known uniform combination used by them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Excellent Ade, I didn't know that! Actually just ordered "Die 1. Pz Div" book recently, so hopefully there is another example in there to see.

BTW, the sales description from where I bought this from stated it read "Italien" 43'(wasn't sure how he knew since it was half covered), so I just assumed he was correct..... but after reading your post and knowing 1st Pz div wasn't in Italy, I got curious and scraped off most of the album residue over the writing, and I believe it says "Marz" 43'! So this photo was probably taken in the Balkans/Greece, assuming it's 1st Pz Div....which backs up your statement. Thanks for the info! Great to know

Jerry- Excellent photos, wow!!! The grave photo....21 yr old Lt. Boden was killed/buried at El Alamein according to Volksbund.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Jerry- Excellent photos, wow!!! The grave photo....21 yr old Lt. Boden was killed/buried at El Alamein according to Volksbund.
    Thanks Bill, glad you liked them. Some more about the grave.

Werner Boden ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in El Alamein.

Endgrablage: Gruft 6

Nachname: Boden

Vorname: Werner

Dienstgrad: Leutnant

Geburtsdatum: 21.04.1921

Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 25.10.1942

El Alamein (Ägypten)

Boden, Werner Lt.
    9/JG-27 (Africa) Bf 109F-4/Trop Werk # 8669 (lost 10/25/42)
    KIA 25 October, 1942 during aerial combat with a Spitfire at Turbiya, near Alamein.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

a couple of DAK photos I just got:

front:
    back: being shipped off to Crete?

and this one:

?

man, some great photos being posted lately. Jerry, that neat that you were able to find info on how he was killed, and exactly where. Just imagine if death records were all that detailed. I guess we are lucky enough to be able to get basic info at our fingertips like we can though.

Fabe, you've been pulling some great photos lately too! very nice

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Jerry, that neat that you were able to find info on how he was killed, and exactly where. Just imagine if death records were all that detailed. I guess we are lucky enough to be able to get basic info at our fingertips like we can though.
    Thanks Bill and to be honest a member on another forum provided the information and many thanks to him.

One thing I have been buying lately is WWI British medals and thanks to some members here you can in some cases recover fairly complete information on them, this 1914-15 star being a good example of what can be found which really adds to the interest and pleasure in collecting them. An amazing amount of documentation was found on him, where he served and when - Gallipoli & the Somme - the fact that he was a POW and when and why he died, just amazing IMHO.
    1914 15 star medal Pte. R. Astbury R. Welsh Fusiliers

I still collect photo's and could not resist the group that those I posted came from and it contained over 60 pictures, though most are of British subjects and also many of the tourist scenes of Egypt. Large N Africa photo group
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Some recent additions and though they are part of a large lot from a British serviceman's that I bought I thought they would be appreciated here, or at least these showing German items. Mostly wrecked axis vehicles and guns, also some POW's and a Grave for a German airman.
    Some great shots Jerry especially like the ones of the Sd.Kfz. 251/10 and the one with the side racks , a modified 251/1 II - "Stuka zu Fuß" ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Lately I was finally able to get some time to review the latest photos acquired. There are several that I would like to share with you and to ask your opinion.

Here is a nice RK award ceremony in the field. Any idea about who the recipients can be?

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

An interesting shot of, IMO, Paul Hausser (commander of the 2nd SS "Das Reich"), somewhere in Russia in 1941. Can someone confirm/deny it?
    Paul Hausser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another one is probably of a Norwegian soldier (is it right?), cannot make out a lot from the text.

And the final one is picture of the contrails. Seems like on the back of the photo is an event schedule or something. Any ideas about the text?

?

Yes it's HAUSSER !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

And on first foto are Oberstleutnant Kurt Matern (Komm.d.IR39) and Obergefreiter Franz Mintert from Pz.Jäg.Abt.26.

Lado