Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 330 of 365 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Thanks a lot Lado! Both were awarded on the 14 of September 1942, so i am curious why inscription on the back is incorrect? Any thoughts on the inscriptions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Excellent photos Evgeni. Awesome IDs Lado. Like you Evgeni, the other day I tried to ID them from the name/date on back, but no luck. Now it makes sense why!

Here is a pretty rare photo I recently acquired.....a Feldwebel from schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 88 (aka schwere Heeres-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 88)......who from my little info, was only issued with Nashorn (Hornisse)!! The photo is dated October 1944. I am having difficulties finding info on this interesting abteilung though, and Any help with translation would be very much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Any help with translation would be very much appreciated!
    It says " 'Der ewige Jüngling' / Dein Walter. / Oktober 1944." i.e. " 'The eternal youth' / Your Walter. / October 1944."

("Youth" as in "a young person", not as in "young age".)

?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Excellent photos Evgeni. Awesome IDs Lado. Like you Evgeni, the other day I tried to ID them from the name/date on back, but no luck. Now it makes sense why!

Here is a pretty rare photo I recently acquired.....a Feldwebel from schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 88 (aka schwere Heeres-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 88)......who from my little info, was only issued with Nashorn (Hornisse)!! The photo is dated October 1944. I am having difficulties finding info on this interesting abteilung though, and Any help with translation would be very much appreciated!
    Great shot Bill a rare unit , they were equipped with Nashorns , i once wrote to an RKT of the Abt but he was one of the ones who refused to answer !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thank you for the perfect translation and description Andreas! The only words I got out of it myself were Der and Jung! haha

Oh wow Paul, I don't even know any RKTs from the unit. Nor do I even have a list of commanders/officers etc just yet. Really tough outfit to find any type of info on. I did read about a Lt Beckmann who KO'd an IS-2 tank from 4600 meters in his nashorn though!! If true, that's nuts. Ive read that the Nashorn was originally intended for an anti-aircraft role, so it could be possible to reach long-range I would guess.

?

a new pick-up:

camo painting on the tank...

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

cheers,
    Fabe

Attachment 635272Heres one of my favorites

?

Default Austrian Nazi march in 1924 in Wien

A photo of Austrian nazis marching in Wien 1924.

Regards.
    svir
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

gwm
    ?

Hi Evgeni,

i think it´s a timetable for a train journey :

Pößneck ab 5.50
    Saalfeld an 6.17
    Saalfeld ab 6.30
    Erfurt an 9.17
    DmW 46/80 11.07 [DmW stands for "D-Zug mit Wehrmachtsteil" = Express train with part for Wehrmacht]
    Frankfurt M 15.30/16.4?
    Heidelberg 17.23
    Karlsruhe 18.22

thanks a lot! it looks very much like it! Actually traveling to Karlsruhe this week