Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 339 of 365 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 349 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Taken in Ukraine I believe. Anyone know what that old truck is in the last photo?
    Former Red Army GAZ truck.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Former Red Army GAZ truck.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice!! Thanks. So it could possibly be this model or close to it (GAZ -AA)? I liked it because I thought it looked a bit older than some of the other Soviet vehicle photos I have
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

Default Russian Front

Here are two interesting photos from my collection . A photo is a frozen period of time I think these two tell a story enjoy , Mike New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

?

Hi Mike, very nice photos! Do I see a "K" symbol on the StuG??

Hi Bill, sorry I missed your previous reply.

Yes, GAZ AA. Here is a nice site on Soviet trucks etc:

Engines of the Red Army in WW2 - Russian Armour Overview

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Though I posted this on its own I thought it would be good to post it in this master thread as well.

Grey StuG wraps in wear at an unusual location.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default MG photo

Thanks Bill ,not sure of the K in the last photo . This was a photo I won on German EBay the seller however put this pic in an envelope facing an Orange Card . It arrived sopping wet in the envelope ,hence the Orange stains , I did clean a lot away using Photoshop it was an arduous task . still more to do

?

Mike, Aww man....that's happened to me before too. These old photos smudge easily too. Nice MG42 photo!

Nice site Ade. I still use the Russian Uniforms one you referenced a while back too.

Jerry, that's an awesome photo with the sign and various headgear. The guy on the right seems to have a Signals patch on too!

Here is a TDB winner.....For some reason, I don't think Ive ever shared this one before. Is that just a lanyard under his pocket there?
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 
    Last edited by Bill T; 10-19-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Bought a photo album that contains a good deal of photos from the campaign of a panzer trooper from 3rd company panzer regiment 31, which is part of the 8th Panzer Brigade from the 5th Panzer Division. Thought maybe some folks here might find a few of these early photos interesting. The last two pages, we're told, are supposed to be from this soldiers brother's time in Africa.

The 5th Panzer Division saw some heavy fighting through most of the war. 5th Panzer Division (Wehrmacht) | World War II

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

And closeups of some of the pictures I thought were the most interesting. The ship pictured I've identified as a Deutschland class cruiser. The graves are of 3 of the soldier's comrades (as noted in the label):

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out if the solder who owned this album is pictured. I think a hint may be in this photo. Can anyone translate that caption? I think it's "My friend and" I don't know that last word.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by avenger View Post
    BTW, I'm still trying to figure out if the solder who owned this album is pictured. I think a hint may be in this photo. Can anyone translate that caption? I think it's "My friend and" I don't know that last word.
    "Mein Freund und Ich" = "My friend and I"