Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 346 of 365 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 356 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Thanks HPL2008! Flipping that SA photo around is easy enough. I'll get it updated.

(edit: the image is updated)

I did some photoshop cleanup on my favorite of the Erwache photos, to remove the scrapes and scratches, and repair it as best as I could:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

?

Thanks both Ade and Chris for the excellent explanations. Much help, even with my colorizations believe it or not. Ive never had the pleasure of handling either in hand yet, so this is invaluable info since my focus has turned to collecting tropical LW photos when I can.

I believe I have got the different patterns down for Heer, and I found this little gem of a very Basic quick guide which may help people who may get confused with the tropical tunic variations. Interesting Chris, I did notice that the buttons are brown (bakelite?) on LW tunics too, which may help me especially with photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Interesting Chris, I did notice that the buttons are brown (bakelite?) on LW tunics too, which may help me especially with photos.
    Hi bro, no they are standard pebbled buttons with brown paint. I am on the ipad now so i can't post any photos.
    Here is a quick link that i have found: AFRIKA KORPS FORUM / Luftwaffe Tropical Tunic

That sketch is very useful. I have seen it before by Mark in the uniform section. It explains the 3 patterns in 2 seconds.

P.s. you need to clear some space at your inbox
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Default A few new photos

Just got a few new pictures here.

Any idea what abzeichen this RAD officer is wearing?

Any idea what unit this is (should be around 1933-1934)?

Any thoughts about the unit?

And a few photos that looks very interesting to my, but I cannot read the back completely, seems that there is some story behind. Any tips are welcome!

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks a lot for help! Will post a few more this week as I am going through my archive.

Cheers,

E

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    Any idea what abzeichen this RAD officer is wearing?
    It apppears to be the Schlageterschild in its second (oval) model, an unofficial decoration for Freikorps-era fighting awarded by the Schlageter-Bund e.V.

Any idea what unit this is (should be around 1933-1934)?
    They are Bahnschutz personnel.

And a few photos that looks very interesting to my, but I cannot read the back completely, seems that there is some story behind. Any tips are welcome!
    The first one says:

"Rollbahn bei [...]
    Schützen eingesetzt für die Sicherung
    in der Nacht
    "

"Road near [...]
    Riflemen employed to provide security
    during the night
    "

Sorry, not sure about the geographic designation, looks like "Propoisk" or something similiar.

The caption for the aircraft photo is:

"Heckschütze tot in beiden Ju 52
    [...] Hptm. (= Hauptmann)
    Konack (?) wurde durch Geschoß der
    Ellenbogen zetrümmert
    "

"Rear gunner dead in both Ju 52
    [...] Hptm. (= Hauptmann)
    Konack (?) had his elbow shattered
    by a projectile
    "

Hi Again! Thanks a lot, all spot on! Here is the photo of Schlageterschild:

Is it a rare abzeichen? Haven's seen it before?

Could not find the place on the other photo... Any thoughts on the other inscription (one liner). I guess there is a place mentioned there as well.

Is the officer in black uniform algemine SS?

Here are a few more pictures.

Captured soviet equipment. With BA10 in the background. The cannons are a not known to me.. Thought of ZIS-2, but the shield seems to be different. Any suggestions are welcome.

Evacuation of the wounded from the battlefield. Any ideas on the inscriptions?

Retreating Wehrmacht (assume Ukraine). Any ideas on the text?

One more time thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

E

Is it a rare abzeichen? Haven's seen it before?
    They are not extremely common, but not super-rare, either. When they come up for sale, the price range is usually around 250 Euros or so. Officially, this decoration was banned from wear in 1934, but this was not always strictly observed.

Any thoughts on the other inscription (one liner). I guess there is a place mentioned there as well.
    Sorry. That one says "An der Dubisa" = "By the Dubisa"

Is the officer in black uniform algemine SS?
    You mean the one in the group photo with the men in white working fatigues? No; they are with the Technische Nothilfe (TN). The uniform would be dark blue.

It says "Kampf bei Golanowka" = "Fighting near Golanowka"

"Zwischen [...] und [...] 16.3.44" = "Between [...] and [...] 16.3.44". Sorry; I know this doesn't help much, but I can't quite decypher the two places... Something like "Gunenki" and "Inkoff"?

Thanks again for the excellent comments!

Dubica is river west of Rzhev (120 km), seems that the soldiers are preparing the crossing.

Interesting comment on the TN!

Found a few photos, uniform looks actually quite nice:

3rd Reich SS Technische Nothilfe Volunteer Firemen Deutschen Polizei Series Propaganda Card @ GermanPostalHistory.com

3rd Reich SS Technische Nothilfe Deutschen Polizei Series Nr14 Propaganda Card @ GermanPostalHistory.com

More interestingly I stumbled on this one: File:Sprengmeister Sedlag from Ko

Which looks very similar to the photo I have:

Thought it to be someone from GJ polizei, but it seems now that it is GJ TN. Would you support?

Would the white uniformed personnel be the RAD?

Thanks!

E

Thought it to be someone from GJ polizei, but it seems now that it is GJ TN. Would you support?
    No... The man in your photo is indeed a policeman from a mountain unit. The photo of Sprengmeister Sedlag is a late-war image, shot after the TN adopted police insignia with SS-style collar patches in 1943. His rank is Unterwachtmeister der TN.

(Like the fire brigades, the TN had the status of a Technische Hilfspolizei [Technical Auxiliary Police], hence the police insignia.)

Would the white uniformed personnel be the RAD?
    No. They are NSKK men at a school/training facility.