Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 353 of 365 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 363 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Just got this one in. Picture of the 4ss Police division in France.

Inscription on the back: Auf dem Vormarsch .... some French place name. On the road to .... name of the place. Any suggestions on the place name? Many thanks!

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

- - ------- - -

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's the Anhaltisches Arbeitsdienst-Erinnerungszeichen. He is also wearing the "ANHALT" cuff title.

Have a look at this thread for details:

Anhalt Arbeitsdienst Ehrenzeichen
    Thanks a lot!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    Inscription on the back: Auf dem Vormarsch .... some French place name. On the road to .... name of the place. Any suggestions on the place name?
    It says "Auf dem Vormarsch durch Belgien" = "On the advance through Belgium ".

Thanks a lot!

Some new pick-ups a Luftwaffe music chapel and some staff cars.

?

Okay everyone after this was suggested about 2 years ago and the thread just kept rolling i am bringing it to the table again ! This is a suggestion not an instruction and this thread will remain open !!

I stopped posting in this thread along time ago and only post in my own collection threads now !

For me in a few ways this has become an out of control juggerenaut where any real interest or value has been completely lost in the 353 pages and 3524 posts . We have a hard core of photo collectors who post on here some of whom have built up some wonderful collections of unusual photos of uniforms . locations , equipment, historical and personality photos but i reality most of these are now lost to us all as reference for the future in the general mass and the reality is many of them will not be seen again as no one is going to search 353 pages.

So what i am suggesting is that those who post regulary and have many photos you wish to show and analyse to get further info ( Andreas in particular has done sterling work identifying locations , people etc , translating text which is also being buried ) start an independant thread focusing on your particular collection , that way it will be much more accessable in the future and more people will see what you post and be able to exchange information more readily.

These are my own thoughts on the matter and you are still free of course to post as you wish,

Regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Got this nice stug photo, presumably somewhere in France. The divisional mark on the car is from Flak abt. 19. Stug has a mark as well, but nearly impossible to read. One of them carries an "A", my guess a reference to the army group.

Cannot read the inscription on the back. Can you make out any words at all? Thanks!

Quote by Evgeni M View Post
    Cannot read the inscription on the back. Can you make out any words at all? Thanks!
    "Panzer fahren auf zur Parade", roughly translated "Tanks driving up on parade".

Thanks a lot!

Just got this Stuka foto in. There seem to be reference to Rzew

First row seems to me "Auf dem Flugfeld Rzew" - on the airport Rzew. But might be mistaking. Year 1941. Suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

?

So, I received a couple of new photographs to add to my collection and wanted share them in this thread. I have a lot more pictures in an album, but I´ll just share these cause they're new pick-ups. There is one blurry photo that I just had to buy, because of the orden and the brocade that he is wearing. I've also added a picture of the backside of the photo. There is some german writing, and all I can read is 1938. The rest is a bit blurry to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share