Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 365 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

I just wanted to show the "other" photo that was with Mine. I was unable to buy the other one because it sold for over $65. But, it shows the face of one of the female Russian POWs with long hair. There are 2 other women in there too. A slightly unusual pic I would assume.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Can Someone Translate the SKi Jager photo for me?? It would be much appreciated since it might say something interesting. (probly not knowing my luck!)
    It says:

"Russia 14 Dec. 42.
    Outside our bunker
    on skis.
    The hole is the
    entrance to the bunker.
    This photo did not
    turn out clear.
    This is me
    ."

Spelt vertically along the left edge is the location; I am not 100 % sure on the place name, but it could be "near Rschew" [= Rzhev/Ржев; a city/area by the Volga that was heavily contested in WW2, see: Battles of Rzhev - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ]

?

Awesome HPL! Thank you very much. It would make sense that it is the Battle of Rzhev I would think. The date would be right before "the storm" of the battle so to speak. Like you said, the Rzhev battle was a vicious scene! Ive been looking at the word spelled vertically on the edge through an eye loupe and I definitely agree with your translation of "Rschew".
    I think its funny that the man wrote that "the photo isnt clear, but its me!" haha because you really cant see his face at all! Thanks for the translation though, it makes the photo that much more significant to me. I wonder if I could figure out what units/divisions were stationed around the area at that specific time, although Im sure there were quite a few!

Also, thanks again for sharing your grandfathers cousins photos. Those are really cool. You are lucky to have a photo from each branch of service he entered, kinda like a timeline of his life. Was there anything written on the back of any of them?

Was there anything written on the back of any of them?
    Most were blank; some had his dedication/signature and a date (in which case I listed it with the photograph). The June '37 photo is the only one with additional data, giving his unit at the time: 10th Battery I./Flak Regiment 5 at Munich 13.

?

Nice! At least you were able to ID his Flak Regiment and Battery! Very cool and special pics!

Well, Here are some Hitler Youth Flak Helper Pics with gun. (I have been searching for these for a long time)

They are labeled "Maleme Griechenland, Kreta" (Greece)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

DRK woman Filling canteens in Poland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Could someone translate the reverse of this Kradmelders photo? Thanks in advance! (Most likely HPL) I tried using a translator, with no luck!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Great pics, the flak helpers on Kreta in particular.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

kristalriss
    ?

These are awesome photo, very nice and rare photos.

Could someone translate the reverse of this Kradmelders photo? Thanks in advance! (Most likely HPL) I tried using a translator, with no luck!
    It says...:

"Eine Übung in
    Grafenwöhr
    ich hab ein Kreuz
    gemacht bin in der Mitte
    "

...meaning:

"An exercise at
    Grafenwöhr
    I have made a cross
    am in the middle"

Grafenwöhr in the Upper Palatinate being the site of a military training area, see
    Grafenwöhr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    U.S. Army Garrison Grafenwoehr

Another group of soldiers at said place, wearing Reichswehr-era sports kit:

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Page 4 of 365 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast