Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I really do like the looks of the older feldmutze, its simple yet stylish IMO.
    I'll second that.... I for one would have definitely preferred to wear that type of headgear instead of a stupid sidecap.

Just to let you know HPL, the man in the front left row in my group photo ended up being someones Grandfather!! He PMed me from WAF! haha I couldnt believe it. He sent me photos of his grandfather, and it most certainly looks like him. he joined the reichswehr in 1928 and was an NCO in Stab 2. Kraftfahr-Abteilung until 1934. After that the unit was renamed the 12. Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung. It sure looks like him, so I told him If he really thinks its his grandfather, I would give him the photo since it means more to him obviously. I just thought that was amazing. (if it is him!) Thats just one of those things that makes this hobby so geat
    Indeed it is. By the way, offering to give the photo to that man's grandson is a very nice and kind gesture.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    The picture is of a 1934 class Zerstorer (Destroyer).

Only four were built because the design was restricted in weight and armament by the Versailles Treaty. Furthermore the design was flawed, they were top heavy, under powered and suffered structural cracking due to the poor bow and stern configuration.

They were :- The Richard Beitzen, Lebrecht Maass, Georg Thiele and Max Schultz. Two were lost in a horrendous blue on blue whilst mining the mouth of the Thames estuary when one was mistaken as British and bombed by the Luftwaffe and then struck a mine, the other, coming to it's rescue, also struck a mine and was lost with all hands.

A third was scuttled by the crew off the Norwegian coast in action with British ships when it ran out of ammo for it's main guns, (Another flaw, they carried 60 less main armament shells than any comparable British ship.)

Only the Richard Beitzen survived the war, captured in 1945 by the British in Norway and taken as a prize back to the U.K. It was broken up for scrap in 1949.

Regards, Ned.
    Splendid. thanks for all these info mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Donkihotis, Great pics....like the pic of the KM men with bino's! And NED...good info, pretty sad only 1 ship survived the war only to be scrapped in 49.

HPL, Im glad you think it could be him as well. Im still shocked someone actually found there grandfather in one of my photos! haha

Nice pics, donkihotis7! Panzer1031, keep em coming! I just purchased some last night that should arrive in a day or two. A few Panzer pics I will post.

Thanks guys, i'm glad you like them. I will post some more as soon as i have some free time to take pictures. Yes Pwny post them here. It's always nice to see new additions to this thread.
    All the best Chris.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thank Chris, HPL, and Pwny for help keepin the thread going.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

more
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I really dig the 3rd one with the formation.

?

One of my favorite types of photos...Stahlhelm
    Only one of the photos shows the LV Shield, so I need to figure it out

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I really dig the 3rd one with the formation.
    haha I like that one too because they are all looking the same way (at the officer)

Page 10 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast