Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Very nice photos Pwny. Congrats
    Thanks bro!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    I wish I was that advanced where I could get a clear, zoom. I've seen you do it on some of your pics. When's the next batch?
    haha using a scanner makes a world of difference for me. Next batch should be tomorrow, I will post em after work.
    About your Unit Symbol on the car, it is a tough one to ID without close up pics or a scan. Most symbols like that are Rectangles on there side laying down. This one shows the rectangle/square standing upright. I have been looking at a reference site I use often and it seems like the closest match is for a
    Gebrigsjagerkompanie (motorised). Im not positive, but it is the only one that is relatively close. Your symbol does not match the known Infanterie unit symbols or motorised panzer/jager unit symbols from the websites page. Here is the site I use for Unit markings/symbols IDs: WWIIdaybyday.com

?

Ive had this one for a while, but have a question. The ring he is wearing looks to have the national eagle with swastika on it or something similar. Were these types of rings private purchase, issued to entire units, or given to specific persons?? Thanks for any responses
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    The ring he is wearing looks to have the national eagle with swastika on it or something similar. Were these types of rings private purchase, issued to entire units, or given to specific persons??
    This is not my area of expertise, but as far as I know, rings with unit/branch-related symbols were normally commercially manufactured or custom-made and bought by the soldiers who wore them. (These are, of course, not to be confused with items such as the SS Honor Ring!)

Whether rings were also used by certain units as a sort of unoffical, internal award/sign of recognition, I really do not know. Perhaps other members are more knowledgable in this field.

I can, however, offer a tentative ID on the symbol on this man's ring: I could be mistaken, but it really looks a lot like the symbol of the Labor Service organization Arbeitsdank to me:

http://www.axishistory.com/fileadmin...eits-dank2.jpg

[The Arbeitsdank (roughly "Labor Thanks") was set up by the RAD's forerunner, the FAD/NSAD, in November 1933 as a welfare body acting as a form of health insurance for all Labor Service members who had sustained injuries or illness related to their work. It also assisted poorer Labor Service members with acquiring further education or job skills in order to gain employment after leaving the service. All members of the FAD/NSAD and the later RAD were recquired to belong and financially contribute to this organization.]

Ok gents. I got another photo album, complete this time. Most of pics have writings at their reverse but i can't take a photo of the writings as i am afraid that they could be torn. It's a photo album of a Luftwaffe officer including family photos and also post war ones.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hmm what happened to the attachments?

2nd attempt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Some more.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

More

And some family photos of the Luftwaffe officer. He survived the war as there is one photo of Christmas '49 with his son.

Page 13 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast