Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 365 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    And Chris, I know it is "Don Ki-Hotis".....a singer right? haha I wasnt trying to make you sound like a Donkey. haha
    No prob Bill i know you weren't It was funny though. No actually it's Don Kihotis. It's the Greek pronunciation of Don Quixote
    Is there really a singer with this name?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    No prob Bill i know you weren't It was funny though. No actually it's Don Kihotis. It's the Greek pronunciation of Don Quixote
    Is there really a singer with this name?
    OHHHH... ok gotcha. haha ya I believe it is a Greek Singer with the name. Im sure you can see it on Youtube.

Here is my latest addition. I would say it is one my top favorites in my collection.
    A SS Totenkopf soldier with kvk ribbon and a SS Panzerman with HJ proficiency badge and SA badge. (killer cap too!) I wish there were a way to tell what unit the Panzermann is with, but no writing on back. He is pretty young tho
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Last edited by Bill T; 05-03-2011 at 12:24 AM.

?

Some "fun" shooting with Officers and SA/nskk man. SA or nskk dagger in wear. Im not sure if hes nskk or Berlin SA gruppe, the kepi is dark colored which would match either
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Some "fun" shooting with Officers and SA/nskk man. SA or nskk dagger in wear. Im not sure if hes nskk or Berlin SA gruppe, the kepi is dark colored which would match either
    He's definitely SA, not NSKK. (NSKK had black breeches, a different cap eagle etc.) No idea on his Gruppe, but it's safe to say that it is not Berlin/Brandenburg. They had black collar patches and cap tops; while it is not possible to tell the color of those worn by this man, they are clearly not black.

By the way, the SS image is a great photo. Just allow me to point out that the man on the right is actually not a Panzer man, but from an assault gun unit. (They wore the field-grey version of the tankers' uniform.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post

By the way, the SS image is a great photo. Just allow me to point out that the man on the right is actually not a Panzer man, but from an assault gun unit. (They wore the field-grey version of the tankers' uniform.)
    What can i say about your knowledge? Amazing
    And indeed Bill that is a great picture.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    He's definitely SA, not NSKK. (NSKK had black breeches, a different cap eagle etc.) No idea on his Gruppe, but it's safe to say that it is not Berlin/Brandenburg. They had black collar patches and cap tops; while it is not possible to tell the color of those worn by this man, they are clearly not black.

I just want to thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping this thread!!!! Also, Panzer, Don-keep the pics rolling out.

Sure mate
    Guys was it usual for KVK ribbon to be sewn on tunic's button hole? I have only seen this with EK ribbons.

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Guys was it usual for KVK ribbon to be sewn on tunic's button hole?
    Yes, it was.

The ribbons of all Kriegsauszeichnungen [= War Decorations] were allowed be worn in this manner: This included the EK2, the KVK2, the Ostmedaille and the Eastern People's Decorations. One prestigious civilian decoration was also allowed to be displayed as a buttonhole ribbon: The Rettungsmedaille.

Only a maximum number of two ribbons could be worn in the buttonhole at the same time, though.

Furthermore, ribbons displayed in the buttonhole were not allowed to be simultaneously worn on the ribbon bar, although this restriction was often ignored.

?

Correct HPL, He is a SS "StuG assault mann" with grey wrap. He looks so young......Id say he cant be older than 19-20. I wish the HJ prof badge was in better veiw, but at least you can make out what it is. And yes, at first I thought the TK man had a EK ribbon, but once I looked closer I realized it was a KVK ribbon. The crusher style cap on the SS Assault man is killer. I love the looks of it on him.

Also thanks for the SA ID. My guess with the ID of Berlin/Bradenburg was strictly based on his black/dark colored kepi. Thanks for the info on the collar tabs and breeches, I now know to look for that.
    Im guessing the group (including women) were just shooting for fun, but I dont know why they were gathered like that, and all dressed up. Could have been after a dinner/reception or similar I would guess. Also, if you look on the 2nd picture of that grouping.....the officer to the right looks to have something on his cap above the wreath/cockade. what could this be??
    Last edited by Bill T; 05-03-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Also, if you look on the 2nd picture of that grouping.....the officer to the right looks to have something on his cap above the wreath/cockade. what could this be??
    Unless I am much mistaken, it is the "Prussian" Death's Head as worn as a traditions badge by the 5th Cavalry Regiment. Please see here for examples:

http://www.wehrmacht-lexikon.de/imag...eichen_he2.jpg
    http://www.axishistory.com/fileadmin...badges-kr5.jpg

(It is only partially visible, but from the shape, it does not appear to be any of the other badges - like the "Brunswick" Death's Head, the "Dragoon" Eagle or the mountain troops' Edelweiß - that were also worn in this position on service caps.)

Im guessing the group (including women) were just shooting for fun, but I dont know why they were gathered like that, and all dressed up. Could have been after a dinner/reception or similar I would guess.
    That is very well possible, judging from the informal feel, the mixed group, the presence of women etc. It was probably not taken at military installation, either. The rifle is some civilian/sporting model and the blanket has civilian markings, too: It was property of the City of Kiel. [Stadt Kiel]
    Here's a detail from one of the images, turned at a 90 degree angle and flipped:
    New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-03-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Page 19 of 365 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast