Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 365 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes, it was.

The ribbons of all Kriegsauszeichnungen [= War Decorations] were allowed be worn in this manner: This included the EK2, the KVK2, the Ostmedaille and the Eastern People's Decorations. One prestigious civilian decoration was also allowed to be displayed as a buttonhole ribbon: The Rettungsmedaille.

Only a maximum number of two ribbons could be worn in the buttonhole at the same time, though.

Furthermore, ribbons displayed in the buttonhole were not allowed to be simultaneously worn on the ribbon bar, although this restriction was often ignored.
    Thanks once again my friend.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Unless I am much mistaken, it is the "Prussian" Death's Head as worn as a traditions badge by the 5th Cavalry Regiment. Please see here for examples:

http://www.wehrmacht-lexikon.de/imag...eichen_he2.jpg
    http://www.axishistory.com/fileadmin...badges-kr5.jpg

(It is only partially visible, but from the shape, it does not appear to be any of the other badges - like the "Brunswick" Death's Head, the "Dragoon" Eagle or the mountain troops' Edelweiß - that were also worn in this position on service caps.

Ahhh.....thats what the blanket says HPL, thank you for that. I have seen this style of blanket in photos before too.
    And yes, you are definitely correct about the Kavallerie Reg 5 wearing the prussian skulls. I have a photo labeled 5th kav with skull in wear. I just so happened to spot that odd fixture above the wreath/cockade on his cap, and wondered if I was just seeing things. haha. I agree it is not Brunswick skull like we see on Infantry Regiment 17 caps/etc or an edlewiess either. Looks to be more circular.....like the prussian skull.

Here is an example of Kav Reg 5 prussian skull in wear: (not the best clarity)

Second photo of mine is of IR 17 Brunswick Skull w bones in wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

?

My good scanner is being repaired, so Im using a cheap printer/scanner at the moment....apologize for the lack of clarity in my scans.
    I will scan a few for now just to keep the thread rolling. Hopefully my flatbed scanner will be back by Monday.

I was able to find another Stahlhelm Bund photo labeled as Army. Believe it or not, more musicians. lol
    I would say from the looks of the Shield patch, they are also from LV Hannover, just like the last Stahlhelm photo I posted. (different seller tho). Landesverband Hanover must have had a good amount of Musicians. The men in front seem to have drummer sticks or something in hand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Nice As always, Bill! Especially love the ss and stug man w/ crusher photo.Also the 'fun-shooting' first pic, it looks like the SA man is talking to a man w/ some kind of 'sling' around his arm and shoulder.maybe his arm was wounded in action?
    ~Dean

?

Luftwaffe Flak men in tower/rooftop?

Unkown General with troops in camo smocks/zelts (2 different photos)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

He almost looks like Rommel for a second! I love the zeltbahn in wear!
    ~Dean

?

Thanks Dean. You are right about the sling....there were 2 other photos that I didnt buy that showed the full sling on the officer.
    I dont know who the heck the General is yet, but my only personal guess for now is GJ General Ludwig Kubler. But again, its just a vague guess since either of the images arent that clear. Hopefully someone can give some input into the ID

Heres another photo that came today. Gendarmerie (i think) wearing wehrmacht armbands. But I do not see any Arm-patches....only bands. Is it possible that they could be reserve Polizei? thanks for any help

?

Hey evryone. might be getting this in a couple of days and if I dont then.... that stinks ! . i like it, i hope you guys do aswell

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

?

Nice photo with the mountains behind them. Just be careful with this seller and his sub-sellers. There are Russian archive fakes among some original wartime photos on the sellers lists. This one looks to be fine, but just be aware...thats all. Hope you score this one and thanks for posting

?

couple more,

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    Last edited by M18922; 05-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Page 20 of 365 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast