Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 365 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

I know it huh? I had not a clue what they were for a long time, until I came across a thread showing one of the caps. haha Probably a rarer photo, as I have never seen another

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Good that you mentioned the pencil writings mate i thought it was from the owner's hand like the rest. So not original writings but post war lol
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

haha....only the sloppy printed penciled writing is mine. Any other writings were already there. I cant remember everything, especially names of towns/countries that were in the original titles when i purchased them....so it helps in the long run. lol

here are some RAD photos you and I were speaking about. the helmeted man is from a Combative RAD unit (from my album).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Here are a few decent shots.
    -Some tough lookin RAD men (obervoorman posed w men)
    - An RAD parade ceremony with shovels/spades
    - with RAD Truppefuhrers with Hewers/daggers in wear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

And here are the DAF werkscher. the uniforms do look black, but as HPL once told me...they are a dark blue
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I always wondered if the "Bahnhof Hotel" the army man is standing in front of....is still there and functioning??
    Probably not. By the way: The last letters of the place name are not visible in the photograph, but it is very likely "Altengrabow". This has been the location of a military training ground since the 1890s which is still operational today. [see: Altengrabow ]

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    The young man with armband and kepi is not RAD, but SA.
    That photo is a bit of a riddle, actually.

This man's kepi and collar patches may imply SA, but upon closer inspection his lower cap badge and belt buckle are definitely from the Labor Service: The buckle is the early FAD pattern with a spade flanked by angled wheat heads at each side. The cut of his jacket, too, matches the early Labor Service pattern.

It is also worth noting that "Labor Organizations of the Third Reich" by Angolia & Littlejohn has a group photo of FAD members wearing black collar patches with some symbol/cypher on the right-hand patch (It cannot be identified as it is too small and blurry) just like this man, although no further information is provided.

Personally, I tend to think that this man is actually an early Labor Service member from the FAD/NSAD period with his headgear and collar patches being of an unidentified/undocumented pattern; maybe non-regulation, maybe locally used, maybe both, but either way short-lived.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-08-2011 at 05:29 PM.

?

Woaahhhh I didnt even see his buckle. WOW. Everything about this mans uniform screamed SA to me. haha I Did notice that on the kepi underneath the eagle, that it is not the typical SA "button" fixture, but a different type of insignia. That was the only thing I noticed that was out of place for SA. Very good eye HPL...... I had this photo in my possesion for a long time and had never noticed that. To be honest, I have never seen another period photo of a FAD/NSAD man. Pretty neat and great observation/information HPL.

Guys when you 2 (Bill,Andreas) start talking i'm getting lost. I'm still at elementary level But it seems that you can understand what you are saying and i hope that someday i'll manage to reach you. Thanks for the photos Bill.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I see that you got some mail, Panzer

Nice pics dude!

Page 23 of 365 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 123 ... LastLast