Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 365 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Adam welcome aboard. This is a great thread and very educating as well
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Now you've got me; I cannot come up with a precise ID. A carryover from the state police days, but which state I cannot tell.

No; he is definitely a member of the DAF's Werkscharen.

So do I.

Forgive me for nit-picking, though, but it is not a "Tyr" Rune. The "Tyr" or "Tiwaz" Rune is the Runic "T", i.e. the one looking similiar to a stylized arrow. (Used, among other usages, for the sleeve badge of Reichsführerschulen graduates.)

The "Life Rune" as used (not only) by SA medical personnel is also known as the "Man" Rune, "Algiz" Rune or "Elhaz" Rune.

One thing about this that I always found interesting: The Nazis chose to make this their "Medical / Health" symbol and put it to use in the insignia for medical personnel of the SA, the NSKK, the Hitler Youth... But, oddly, never the SS who always retained the traditional Aesculapius Rod for their medical personnel.

VERY informative about the different runes HPL. I always thought those were called "tyr" runes....and i am glad I now know the correct title would be "Life Rune". (I noticed you had said that in the first place, but didnt know what it was). Weird how the SS didnt change regulations like the others.

You have some beautiful images of the Neue Wache Parades. Thank you for the video too. I have always liked the act of "the changing of the gaurds". Never seen it in person like you have experienced, but it is none the less extremely impressive. I like how they have continued the tradition of the "goose-step" too. Again, thanks for the photos in relation to mine. This obviously must have been a common place for marches and parades/ceremonies. (oh ya, and i am embarrased to say the least, that I did not think of DAF when looking at that photo..haha)

Adam (aechols) - Good to see you here and cant wait to see some more photos from you. Interesting studio stamp, i have never seen that one before

?

Here is a slightly rare photo....at least a "harder to find" image. It shows German Feldgendarmerie (field police) who have captured a Russian Commissar/Kommissar (politcal). For those of you who have studied the Eastern Front, you know how grave this mans situation is. The "Commissar Order" was issued during Operation Barbarossa by Hitler that stated any Political Commissar captured should be Shot on the spot.

It looks like the "Kommissar's" family (the 2 women) could be standing to the left... maybe pleading w/ the Germans?
    I was wondering if anyone could take a guess at what year this photo may have been taken in?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

- StuG Assault troops wearing Y-strap, one w Panzerkampf Abzeichen (horseshoe on the grill of vehicle)

- Luftwaffe (Ober/stabs feldwebel) w/ "Hindenburg" Cufftitle and medalbar
    check out the summer visor cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Last edited by Bill T; 05-13-2011 at 02:04 AM.

?

- Panzerjager/grenadier Portrait with Panzerkampf Abzeichen (I think its a Daisy....seriously), KVK2, and SA badges in wear.

If you see the scar on his face....I believe this to be a "Schmiss" rather than a battle-wound.(i could be wrong)
    Schmiss was a ritual scar on the face (usually left side) caused by students that were "fencing" with protection only to the eyes, throat, and body. these traditional scars were like a mark of bravery almost and were highly sought after, and it was thought to bring good luck with the ladies too. (otto skorzeny is a famous person to have the schmiss). An interesting part of German tradition.

?

-Panzer officer and Ncos w berets standing in front of a BefelPanzer I. (command Tank type)

?

- Early SchutzPolizei? without Eagle Insig on Tschako cap

?

HPL or anyone....Could you help me with this arm patch?? At first I thought this man was NSKK...but I am having second thoughts. What is this arm patch? It has similarities to an SD patch, but it isnt. The man has a leather jacket on if that helps any. Is he NSKK ,NSDAP, SA?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    HPL or anyone....Could you help me with this arm patch?? At first I thought this man was NSKK...but I am having second thoughts. What is this arm patch? It has similarities to an SD patch, but it isnt. The man has a leather jacket on if that helps any. Is he NSKK ,NSDAP, SA?
    It's NSKK.

The sleeve badge is the NSKK sleeve diamond or Kraftfahrraute; it appears to be the first pattern of that insigne. which had an eagle whose wings were pointed and did not protrude from the wheel design. (The second pattern had an eagle whose wings were more angular and had a proportionately larger wingspan, protruding slightly from the wheel.)

Normally, the NSKK sleeve diamond was unpiped, but exceptions are not impossible. [For example both Korpsführer Hühnlein and his successor in that post, Kraus, wore piped versions of the sleeve diamond as can be seen in period photographs. Furthermore, members of the winning teams of the NSKK's annual competitions were authorized to wear alternating black-and-white (or black-and-aluminium) piping on their sleeve diamonds for the year following their victory.]

All the identifiable uniform features match (or at least do not contradict) NSKK uniforms, too: The collar which is darker than the rest of the tunic*, the Tresse on the kepi, the dark-colored tie and trousers, chained dagger, "plain" Swastika armband etc.

If you add all the details up, the NSKK is the only organization that matches everything.

* It is a cloth tunic, not a leather jacket. The spots of light are not reflections on leather, but simply sunlight falling through the foliage of a tree.

Hello guys. These photos were given to me as a gift from a member who sold me some other stuff.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 27 of 365 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast