Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 33 of 365 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

ANYONE know what uniform this man is wearing or what country he represents?
    This photo was labeled as foreign SS, but I do not believe it at all. I got it cheap, and thought the collar tabs were neat. what is he Romanian,Yugo or Czech or something?? Thanks for ny help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

- Luftwaffe men w/ "Richtofen" Cufftitles and pilots badge + clasp
    - Luftwaffe man with Treffen Badge in wear
    - Heer portrait
    New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

?

-SA gruppe photo

Check out the collar tab insignia??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

?

Neat photo showing Braunshweig Skull next to unit name

Does this mean it is pionier Regiment Stab z.b.V. 31? Any info or confirmation would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Last edited by Bill T; 05-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.

?

-Heer Portrait S-73? (supply/staff man?)

-RAD portrait with hewer in wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

-Panzer that might be stuck in a ditch- w/ panzermen w berets. Panzerman on right has S-3 stitched on shoulderboards

-Panzer I Crew with tank in a russian? town maybe

?

unkown General (for now) salutes a heer music band
    (check out the m18 lid on left)

I think it looks like Guderian....but I could be wrong. But he did wear great coats alot during the earlier years

Hi Bill,

The two Luftwaffe guys look to me to be JG 2 'Richtofen' Geschwader Komandur Hauptmann ( Posthumously Major) Wilhelm Balthasar on the left and his immediate successor Major Walter Oesau on the right. Not 100% sure, but they look right to me!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As usual, I see Panzer is posting some sweet pics! I have 50 plus coming in the mail. Here are a few of my latest.

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    ANYONE know what uniform this man is wearing or what country he represents? This photo was labeled as foreign SS, but I do not believe it at all. I got it cheap, and thought the collar tabs were neat. what is he Romanian,Yugo or Czech or something??
    I can confirm that he is not with the SS and not German. Otherwise, sorry, no idea.

-SA gruppe photo
    Check out the collar tab insignia??
    It's the crossed-pick-and-spade device worn by Pionier-SA.

Neat photo showing Braunshweig Skull next to unit name. Does this mean it is pionier Regiment Stab z.b.V. 31? Any info or confirmation would be great
    No; "Stb. 31" simply stands for "Stube 31", i.e. they were bunked in room no. 31 at their barracks. They belonged to the 1st Kompanie of Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 13. (It says so in the "small print" on the sign's bottom left.) The skull almost certainly has no particular unit-related or symbolic meaning beyond conveying a message along the lines of "We are badasses".

I took close up scans because there are so many interesting variations of uniform and insignia in this photo. A few of them seem to have tinnies on there caps.
    A fine image and an excellent study of badges and insignia, indeed. Thanks for sharing!

As for the tinnies: Members of the Stahlhelmbund who participated in one of the organization's annual Reichsfrontsoldatentage [National Front Soldiers' Days] wore the respective tinnie on the left breast of the uniform tunic during the actual event and after that on the left side of their caps. Officially, not more than one tinnie was allowed to be worn on the cap in this manner, but this was often ignored, as many period photographs show two or three in wear.

The tinnie worn on the uniform tunics in this image is the one for the 12. Reichsfrontsoldatentag held on 30 - 31st May 1931 at Breslau; its design is based on the Silesian Eagle.
    See here for an image of the poster for that day, showing the same design: 12.REICHS-FRONTSOLDATEN-TAG BRESLAU 1931. : STAHLHELMBUND - "KÖNIGIN LUISE BUND" (2) : Deutsches Reich bis 1933 - André Hüsken Militaria
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-21-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Page 33 of 365 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 83 133 ... LastLast