Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 365 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

I was lucky enough to find another KampfGeschwader 4 "General Wever" photo to add to my grouping
    -note cufftitle and Pilots badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I think I agree with that Chris. But its still not a badge i would want to spend a decent amount of money on.....only because there arent "known originals" to compare one another to, like there are for all the other badges/medals. I dont think I could sleep well at night knowing I spent a bunch of money on a "maybe original" I guess, I dunno. One thing I would like to look into more is what type of metal was used in making the Balloon Badge, seeing as it was a late war badge. Zinc was the metal used for making most of the badges/medals in late war production.....so I dont think it would make sense if the Balloon badges we see were made from "more scarce/expensive" metals. A very interesting badge, for sure. And on the other hand, it would indeed make sense if very few examples were produced or issued seeing as there were very few people who would have qualified for the badge, compared to other awards. One day, maybe a photo of one in wear will come out....you never know.

And yes, thanks PWNY.....cant wait to see more of your pics. I as well have enjoyed this thread thoroughly. Everyone's photos and Inputs especially have made this thread really fun and a good learning experience IMO.
    Bill we have so many badges and from so many makers to purchase yet, so we don't have to worry about that particular badge
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Very nice images, as always. Just allow me two minor corrections:

The men in the two group photographs in posts # 349 and 350 are policemen; they are not with the Feldgendarmerie. Feldgendarmen, as Military Police, would have worn the same cap badges, shoulder boards, belt buckles etc. as the rest of the Heer, not the Polizei ones seen here. (They were identifiable by their Gendarmerie-style sleeve eagles, "Feldgendarmerie" cuffbands, orange branch color and their duty gorgets.)

The men in the first group photo are from the Motorized Gendarmerie [Motorisierte Gendarmerie ]. (Note the cuff title worn by the man on the far right; while the first of the two words is not fully visible, this is the only police cuff title with two words of which the second one is "Gendarmerie")

The Luftwaffe officer in the center of the fine "KG Wever" photograph in post # 351 is actually wearing an Observer's Badge [Beobachterabzeichen], not a Pilot's Badge. (Note how the eagle is clearly placed more to the left of the badge and how the wing protrudes more on the left of the wreath.)

?

Ohhhh Okay HPL. So they are just Gendarmerie instead of FeldGendarmerie. Thank you. I know exactly what you mean by the feldgendarmerie uniforms, so I will now know in the future. Thanks for explaining that. Do you know what the first word of the cufftitle says?? thanks

Oh wow, youre right about the Observer badge. haha I dont know why I mislabeled that, my bad. That was an honest mistake, as I definitely know the differences between the two badges. lol I posted the photos at like 4 Oclock this morning, so I wouldnt put it past me to have made a few more mistakes like that as well. haha Thanks for the corrections and info.....I (and other members) always look forward to your input.

Chris, youre so right. That is one badge we need not to worry about for sure!

-Artillery Crew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

some Fallschirmjager at "Jump" school. Ju-52s in background

Fallschrimjager outside there bunk house maybe? cant read sign

Fallschirmjager troops learning to use parachutes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Do you know what the first word of the cufftitle says??
    Err... well, yes, as I said: "Motorisierte". Like in this example:
    http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...037164full.jpg

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Err... well, yes, as I said: "Motorisierte". Like in this example:
    http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...037164full.jpg
    ohh woops, my bad. I did indeed read what you wrote, but didnt understand that the first word on the cuff was actually Motorisierte. I misunderstood when you said it wasnt visible. But Thank you for answering the same question twice! ha And thanks for the link too, I have never seen this cufftitle before

?

some Fallschirmjager at "Jump" school. Ju-52s in background

Fallschrimjager outside there bunk house maybe? cant read sign

Fallschirmjager troops learning to use parachutes
    Nice ground training photos Bill !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

A few press photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thank you Paul. But these are the first pair of photos I have been dissapointed with in a long time. I bought them thinking they were private images, but I believe they are some type of "series" or published photos. (similar to the sammelwerk cards/etc). I believe they are indeed "original period" images, but I normally dont buy photos like this that were most likely mass produced. I could be very wrong about them, but I dunno. Its weird because usually all of the German "series/collectors" type of photos are postcard sized, but these are 6x9s. I will post a scan of the reverse, and see what you guys think. Luckily I paid very little for them, but I think the images themselves are neat at least.

Chris, Awesome Press photos. I know very little about Kreigsberichter photos, but these look great. The last one is neat looking....Is the image wearing away, or is it just meant to be like that? Either way, I really like how it looks

Page 36 of 365 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast