Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 365 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi Bill nice pics. Is that belt conventional for this rank? The brocade one was only for officers?
    yep! They would wear the regular Heer buckles and brocades for officers. Ive seen early photos of Panzermen wearing those old rectangular ones that look like civilian buckles. And obviously, the SS panzermen would wear SS buckles. I even have seen a late-war photo of a SS panzermann wearing a heer buckle like shown in my pic. Probly because of a shortage of ss buckles??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Postcard szed photo of a Panzerman w/ Panzerkampf Abzeichen, Wound Badge, Ost medal, and EK2 from Panzer Regiment 33 "Prinz Eugen" ( 9th Pz Div)
    (one of my favorite photos in my collection)
    i think he had a bad hair day lol

yep! They would wear the regular Heer buckles and brocades for officers. Ive seen early photos of Panzermen wearing those old rectangular ones that look like civilian buckles. And obviously, the SS panzermen would wear SS buckles. I even have seen a late-war photo of a SS panzermann wearing a heer buckle like shown in my pic. Probly because of a shortage of ss buckles??
    Ok thanks Bill.
    Lol Patrick
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Question: What does the "1" stand for on the button of the shoulder board??
    1st Company. It broke down like this:

• Arabic numerals on shoulder strap buttons identified the number of a man's company/battery/squadron within the regiment or independent battalion/detachment.

• Men serving on the staff of a battalion/detachment within a regiment had the Roman numeral of the battalion/detachment.

• Men serving on the staff of a regiment or an independent battalion/detachment had blank buttons.

These numbered buttons were from the pre-war era; their manufacture was discontinued in the war years, but those already in use continued to be worn and existing stocks were used up.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.

troop from Panzer Regiment 33 "Prinz Eugen" with dress bayonet and panzer ring
    (bought with photo above)
    Another fine uniform study and a nice high-res scan, too.

Tropical Luftwaffe soldier "Africa"
    From an original negative roll
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Apparently some German glider pilots
    There's a bullion "Segelflieger stufe c" badge on the left breast pocket of one of the soldiers..

From an original negative roll
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    1st Company. It broke down like this:

• Arabic numerals on shoulder strap buttons identified the number of a man's company/battery/squadron within the regiment or independent battalion/detachment.

• Men serving on the staff of a battalion/detachment within a regiment had the Roman numeral of the battalion/detachment.

• Men serving on the staff of a regiment or an independent battalion/detachment had blank buttons.

These numbered buttons were from the post-war era; their manufacture was discontinued in the war years, but those already in use continued to be worn and existing stocks were used up.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have seen this only a few times, and always wondered what it represented! And thanks for commenting on the other one too.

Oskenvrad, thank you for posting. Nice photos. I also have some period negatives, but cannot seem to get them to scan properly. There is also a glider badge on one of the Luftwaffe men in the group pic too!

?

- weird pic of heer men messing around in a creek

- heer man w k98 w/bayonet attatched

- Goofy heer men w M16 lids

- Luftwaffe flak man with a MG26t(tripod)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

forgot this one...

- 3.76 Flak gun (i think) with crew. Note the large "clips" being loaded and the "kill rings" on the barrell

Pretty neat, but The flak man to the right seems to have a Coastal Artillery Badge in wear.....I could be wrong tho. It doesnt look like a flak badge at all

Page 40 of 365 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast