Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 365 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Hi Bill, these are KM Coastal Artillery guys: note the botton tunic pocket, which is a flaped internal type and not the patch pocket type worn by the Heer. You can also see the emblem on the shoulder straps.

Nice image.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

OMG Ade, haha. wow I feel like an idiot. I completely overlooked the men themselves! I was thinking flak gun, so I figured they were luftwaffe without even looking at the uniforms or helmets. No wonder why I saw the Coastal Arty badge, haha! To be honest, I havent even really looked at these other pics too much yet, I have been researching the Panzer+StUG Photo's Regiments/divisions. But still, I deserve a smack for that one! thanks Ade

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Thank you very much for the explanation. I have seen this only a few times, and always wondered what it represented!
    You're welcome! Oh, and I just noticed that I had originally referred to these buttons as "post-war" in the last sentence of my post - Sorry, I meant "pre-war", of course! (Post edited now.)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    You're welcome! Oh, and I just noticed that I had originally referred to these buttons as "post-war" in the last sentence of my post - Sorry, I meant "pre-war", of course! (Post edited now.)
    I knew what you meant HPL, it only made sense that way! no biggie. I appreciated the answer after trying to figure it out online for a bit to no avail.

I do have one question tho. The waffenfabre on Panzer Uniforms are supposed to be pink, correct? Would the waffenfabre on the other man from Pz Reg33 be pink or would it be light green??

(talking about this photo)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

The waffenfabre on Panzer Uniforms are supposed to be pink, correct? Would the waffenfabre on the other man from Pz Reg33 be pink or would it be light green?
    As far as I can tell, it should be pink.

Pink [rosa] was used for armored troops, tank destroyer units, and the Kraftfahrparktruppe [motor vehicle repair troops]; meadow green [wiesengrün] for Panzergrenadierregimenter.

By the way, while the Waffenfarbe on the black Panzer uniform was indeed pink in the great majority of cases, there were some exceptions:
    • golden-yellow [goldgelb] for Panzerregiment 24 to commemorate its cavalry origins, also for Panzeraufklärungsabteilungen with cavalry roots
    • lemon-yellow [zitronengelb] for the crews of armored radio vehicles and the Nachrichtenabteilungen 37, 38 and 39
    • black-and-white [schwarz-weiß] for Panzerpioniere (Used only on their black uniforms for reasons of better visibility; for grey uniforms it was the standard black.) (example: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...truppen-1-.jpg)
    • white [weiß] for the armored elements of the Führer-Begleitbataillon (example: http://www.militaria-archiv.com/atta...7&d=1263664905)

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    Tropical Luftwaffe soldier "Africa"
    From an original negative roll
    A great pic, wonderful to see it so sharp. It looks as if it might be a Greek made eagle on his shirt, though it might just be the angle of the photo.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

HPL, Awesome information. Its good to see it outlined like that. So signal personnel in Armoured units wore lemon yellow piping (black wrap). Thats one I was unaware of. Sorry to be confusing, but what about the panzer "funkers" who also trained on the radio, but also used the Machine Gun/etc...?? Would they just wear the pink piping without blitz patch? I hope you can understand what i am asking, and sorry If I am being confusing. Just trying to figure it all out. I also appreciated the links, great examples

Also I agree, I would think the man would be wearing the Pink piped Panzer Dress Tunic. One last question...I promise!! Would it be more normal to see the "Panzer Lanyard" instead of the Schutzenschnur?? I undertsand that the Schutzenschnur could be awarded to any enlisted man, but I would have thought the Panzer Lanyard would be more appropriate for such a man. ??
    Last edited by Bill T; 06-01-2011 at 08:39 PM.

So signal personnel in Armoured units wore lemon yellow piping (black wrap).
    Not all of them, just those listed above.

Sorry to be confusing, but what about the panzer "funkers" who also trained on the radio, but also used the Machine Gun/etc...?? Would they just wear the pink piping without blitz patch? I hope you can understand what i am asking, and sorry If I am being confusing.
    Sure; I know what you mean.
    They would have worn the same uniform, piping etc. as their crewmates plus a branch-colored signals "Blitz" on a black cloth patch on the left upper arm.
    For examples of pink (Panzer) and black-and-white outlined (Panzerpioniere) Blitz patches, see: Signal blitz's - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

ahhh ok! I gotcha! Thank you again. I appreciate it alot. I just realized I edited my last post with nother question for you! haha Im sorry. Last one, I promise!
    Would it be more normal to see the "Panzer Lanyard" instead of the Schutzenschnur?? I undertsand that the Schutzenschnur could be awarded to any enlisted man, but I would have thought the Panzer Lanyard would be more appropriate for such a man. ??

Would it be more normal to see the "Panzer Lanyard" instead of the Schutzenschnur?? I undertsand that the Schutzenschnur could be awarded to any enlisted man, but I would have thought the Panzer Lanyard would be more appropriate for such a man. ??
    Actually, the "Panzer Lanyard" was not really a separate award from the Schützenschnur, just a special version of it (distinguished by the special metal Rosette badge with the tank).

Anyway, the Wehrmacht-era Schützenschnur was introduced in June 1936, while the special version for armored units was introduced in October 1938. So, for a period of more than two years, personnel of armored units were awarded the same standard lanyard as all the others. The Waffenrock portrait may well have been taken during that period.

That explanation is definitely possible and plausible. It could also be that the special Panzer Lanyard was only awarded for firing achievements with a Panzer's main weapon, so that a Panzer crewman who had qualified with small arms would get the standard version. I do not know whether this was the case or not; perhaps some other member has access to the award regulations and can inform us.

Right; I'll be signing off for the next few days. (Going on a short holiday trip early tomorrow morning; will be back late Sunday evening.) See you!

Page 41 of 365 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 141 ... LastLast