Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 365 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

ahhh. Okay.....that clears it all up concerning the collar tabs Andreas. I still have alot to learn with these new "career" Beamte men. I had no clue they were variants for "duration of the war" and reserve/recalls. Thank you for the link, it will come in very handy for me to learn the new info, and thanks for clearing up the "sonderfuhrer" thing, because that would have confused me further on that link. haha. And okay, I have seen that Stahlhelm badge before, but never knew the correct name for it. I have never seen one with this early of a date to be honest though. I really enjoy the Stahlhelm photos, I learn alot from the uniform variations. The eagle has me beat though, because the only eagle I am really familiar with that faces left is the 1936 political eagle...but as you said it wouldnt make sense. Thanks again for your responses and the helpful link.

Here is a nice pic of a Fallschirmjager w/ Para-Badge and Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Hermann Goring Field Division Portrait w/ M43 ---unfortunately no writing on back, only thing that stands a chance of proving HGD is the tabs that are barely in veiw. I still like this one alot tho. Love the M43 caps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I think I may have shown this before.....

a crashed Polizei Car!! note insignia on door. Love this photo! haha
    I'm sure this is of little interest to most but having been in the glass business for some 45+
    years I never saw tempered glass used at that time, or didn't notice.
    I knew they had laminated glass and would have thought that is what would be used in a vehicle.
    It breaks much easier but stays in place while the tempered as seen in the picture blows out.
    That's all fine but my thoughts would be that used in the field laminated glass could be cut on site
    while the tempered requires the process of going through a furnace and can never be cut.

Sorry guys ... I'll get over it.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

HPL, the RAD man to the left is at least an Arbeitsfuhrer, right?? Is there any other way to tell other than the shoulderboards if he is a higher rank?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    I'm sure this is of little interest to most but having been in the glass business for some 45+
    years I never saw tempered glass used at that time, or didn't notice.
    I knew they had laminated glass and would have thought that is what would be used in a vehicle.
    It breaks much easier but stays in place while the tempered as seen in the picture blows out.
    That's all fine but my thoughts would be that used in the field laminated glass could be cut on site
    while the tempered requires the process of going through a furnace and can never be cut.

Sorry guys ... I'll get over it.

Interesting Rudy! Is the tempered glass cheaper by any chance?? maybe thats the reason??

Interesting Rudy! Is the tempered glass cheaper by any chance?? maybe thats the reason??
    Not at all. It requires a furnace to heat it, then it needs to be cooled and all in correct temps and times.
    I'm thinking it with stood more bouncing around but once gone it was all gone.

Not that important really ... I guess we see what we do like we are what we eat.
    Is there a beer smilie?

Rudy ... enjoying pictures
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

haha I dont think there is a beer smilie here as far as I know. Would be cool tho. Glad you are enjoying them too!

-PAB in wear

-Fahnentrager w/ gorget (lots of writing on back)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

another ceremony w/ artillery etc

Fahnentrager w/ gorget (lots of writing on back)
    It says:

"21. Nov. 1938
    Übergabe der Fahne
    an die
    Nachrichten-Abteilung 40
    durch Herrn Oberst Abt
    an den Kommandeur
    Herrn Major Göhring
    Truppenübungsplatz Ohrdruf
    "

...meaning...

"21 November 1938
    Conferral of the flag
    to
    Nachrichten-Abteilung 40*
    by Oberst Abt
    to the Commanding Officer
    Major Göhring
    Training Area Ohrdruf
    **""

*) = Signals Detachment 40
    **) = located in Thuringia; still operational today

HPL, the RAD man to the left is at least an Arbeitsfuhrer, right?? Is there any other way to tell other than the shoulderboards if he is a higher rank?
    Arbeitsführer or higher is right, yes.

The same type of collar patch was worn by the ranks of Arbeitsführer, Oberarbeitsführer and Oberstarbeitsführer. The general officer ranks of Generalarbeitsführer and higher also wore this design, but executed in gold rather than aluminum embroidery.

The exact rank can only be told by the shoulder boards. Those worn by the man in question are not quite clear enough to be 100 % certain, but they do not look like the interwoven gold/silver/gold cords as worn by general officers and appear not to have any rank pips. Hence, I would tentatively identify him as an Arbeitsführer.

(By the way: He looks a bit like Heinrich Himmler in his younger years, doesn't he?)

Oh, and note the traditions badge for Arbeitsgau VI (Mecklenburg) worn by the officer on the right.

Page 50 of 365 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast