Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

A couple nice SkiJager Portraits that were labeled "Russland" -- EK1, Ost medal rib, EK2 rib
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

A detailed Portrait of some Decorated Officers, one a decorated WW1 vet too, 2 with Scutzenschnur Lanyards (2 types). All wear Offc swords, and One Spiess amongst the group. Notice the Spiess' belt buckle. These men look very proud. I cant quite make out the numbers on the Sboards just yet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Nice image. They are all NCO's.

Cheers, Ade.

Another brilliant uniform study! The wear of an officer-type belt by an SNCO is highly unusual. Another interesting detail is the odd pattern of Marksmanship Lanyard [Schützenschnur] worn by the man on the left: The braided cord looks more like the style found on an officers'/adjutants' aiguillette.

?

Thank You Ade and Andreas. I need to be more specific with my wording. I did notice that the Schutzenschnur on the left was different. But I just figured it was because it was a different grade than the one on the right. But now that you mention it, I see that it is usually the type of lanyard (aiguillette) seen being worn by itself (without marksmanship badge). Thanks for pointing that out. And I just noticed that the Spiess is also a WW1 Vet, along with the man to the far right. Oh yeah, was I wrong about the other portrait being a Friekorps man???

Totally off topic here HPL, but I came across a photo the other day with a Panzermann wearing an ALL Black armband (nothing written on it). I have seen this on a few photos as well (one where it covered the HJ armelband) and am wondering what it signifies?? The only thing that I could even remotely find on the subject, was where someone referred to the amrband being worn as a symbol of Hindenburgs death in 34. ??? Is this true?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Oh yeah, was I wrong about the other portrait being a Friekorps man????
    Yes, actually: He's yet another Stahlhelm man. You can also just make out the Swastika armband on his left upper arm, by the way.
    There were no Freikorps using a Nazi Party cap eagle; actually all of the Freikorps had long since ceased to exist when the cap eagle was introduced.

Totally off topic here HPL, but I came across a photo the other day with a Panzermann wearing an ALL Black armband (nothing written on it). I have seen this on a few photos as well (one where it covered the HJ armelband) and am wondering what it signifies?? The only thing that I could even remotely find on the subject, was where someone referred to the amrband being worn as a symbol of Hindenburgs death in 34. ??? Is this true?
    It's a traditional symbol of mourning. It was in no way restricted to Hindenburg's death, but you often see it in that context on period photographs.
    Please see my post # 7 in this thread for a brief explanation & photographic example: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...lations-70161/

?

Ohh man, thats weird you had already answered that question!!!! I had seen a photo the other day of one in wear, and then today saw one on a Panzer photo over at WAF, so I did a google search on it. The only thing I could find was an old thread at Axis History Forum of someone saying it was related to Hindenburgs death!! haha. wow, I should have just used the search function here to get my answer, thats embarrassing. Thanks

I cant believe it is a Stahlhelm member!! lol. I know very little about the Freikorps, and couldnt put my finger on him being anything else at the time. Thank you, as usual! I should have put 2+2 together once I saw the Sleeve shield, you would have thought!

I know very little about the Freikorps, and couldnt put my finger on him being anything else at the time. Thank you, as usual!
    Unfortunately, Freikorps badges and insignia are another subject about which only precious little reference material is available. If the matter is of interest to you, I can recommend these two books:

Osprey Publishing - The German Freikorps 1918
    German Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment 1918-1923: Freikorps, Reichswehr, Vehicles, Weapons by Charles Woolley - Schifferbooks.com

The Osprey title gives a brief but good historical overview of the Freikorps/provisional Reichswehr era's history and is nicely illustrated with period b/w photographs and new color plates; the Schiffer title is a lovely coffee-table type book lavishly illustrated with period photographs and period illustrations (uniform and insignia plates) as well some new color images of original items.

Bill nice skulls and photos. Those little things cost a fortune
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Unfortunately, Freikorps badges and insignia are another subject about which only precious little reference material is available. If the matter is of interest to you, I can recommend these two books:

Osprey Publishing - The German Freikorps 1918
    German Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment 1918-1923: Freikorps, Reichswehr, Vehicles, Weapons by Charles Woolley - Schifferbooks.com

The Osprey title gives a brief but good historical overview of the Freikorps/provisional Reichswehr era's history and is nicely illustrated with period b/w photographs and new color plates; the Schiffer title is a lovely coffee-table type book lavishly illustrated with period photographs and period illustrations (uniform and insignia plates) as well some new color images of original items.
    Thank you very much HPL. I have been trying to research as much as I can about Der Wahrwolf/Wehrwolf lately actually. That is another subject that I have found pretty hard to get info about. Thank you for the Freikorps reference material links, that is something I will buy when I have some extra cash! To be honest, I really enjoyed some of the Osprey books. Although they arent as detailed as other references, they do teach alot to people like me. I am grateful for the reccomendations you have already given me, but would you know of a book that covers entire Third Reich Uniforms/insignia? That is really what I have been looking for. It seems like they have a book for each branch/organization....but not 3rd riech as a whole.....which would be really helpful to me. Thanks for any suggestions.

About the Stahlhelm photo, I noticed the man wears the standard later-stahlhelm tunic, but there is no collar tabs or insignia. I have compared it to this other later Stahlhelm photo I have, right here and am curious as to the differences (no buttons either). Could it just be a different Year/style tunic? But what about the tabs?

(thanks Chris, glad you like the new jawless skull, ive always wanted one)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Page 56 of 365 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast