Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 65 of 365 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Since I had recommended that book to Bill, allow me to answer. It's this title: Amazon.com: Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-1945 (9781854095121): Brian L. Davis, Malcolm McGregor: Books
    Thanks Andreas. And the other one with the uniforms?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Thanks Andreas. And the other one with the uniforms?
    Is that one: Amazon.com: German Uniforms of the Third Reich 1933-1945 (9781854094209): Brian Leigh Davis, Pierre Turner: Books

Great. Do you have this one too?
    No, I don't. I do have Hayes' SS Uniforms, Insignia and Accoutrements: A Study in Photographs, though.

?

Hey Guys, I was able to get "The badges + Insignia" one on Ebay for under $8 including shipping. I was Physced. If you need to learn or even have a Guide on hand to check certain shoulderboards, emblems, patches, cap insignias, sleeve insignias, collar tabs, cuff titles etc etc etc......you need to get this book. In the middle of the book, it has color pictures of all the different Insignia's/badges with a number by each, organized into Branches of service. Then you simply flip back to the front of the book and find your (#) and it will give a breif description and ID of what you are looking for.
    I really cant wait to get the Uniforms one, and hope it is set-up the same way. I have actually started writing in the book underneath each insignia, so I wont have to flip back to find the ID/description. lol
    Thanks again HPL!

Brian L. Davis also did 'German Army uniforms and insignia 1933-1945' and a two volume set on Luftwaffe uniforms, 'Uniforms and insignia of the Luftwaffe Volume 1: 1933-1940' and 'Uniforms and Insignia of the Luftwaffe Volume 2: 1940-1945'. These three books were the bible for this sort of stuff for many years and still well worth having. Lots of good pictures, drawings and detailed descriptions.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by vonbond View Post
    Brian L. Davis also did 'German Army uniforms and insignia 1933-1945' and a two volume set on Luftwaffe uniforms, 'Uniforms and insignia of the Luftwaffe Volume 1: 1933-1940' and 'Uniforms and Insignia of the Luftwaffe Volume 2: 1940-1945'. These three books were the bible for this sort of stuff for many years and still well worth having. Lots of good pictures, drawings and detailed descriptions.
    Yes; that's right. I haven't read his two Luftwaffe volumes, but I have the German edition of the Heer title; very good indeed.

Bill good idea, thanks. Just bought a copy of German Army uniforms and insignia 1933-1945 which i found in ebay.
    I just noticed that the one Andreas had told me was German Uniforms of the Third Reich 1933-1945.
    The author is the same. Are there any significant differences between the 2 books?

?

nice photos everyone

i got a AMAZING deal on some photos that i am sure everyone will like
    i will post them when i wake up in the morning!

?

Bill good idea, thanks. Just bought a copy of German Army uniforms and insignia 1933-1945 which i found in ebay.
    I just noticed that the one Andreas had told me was German Uniforms of the Third Reich 1933-1945.
    The author is the same. Are there any significant differences between the 2 books?
    Not sure yet Chris, I have only got the Badges/insignia one. But I would imagine they are set up the same way, but just with different subject matter. I really need to get the one you got too. Let us know how you like it when it comes. Also, Cant wait to see more of your albums man!

Patrick- Im glad to hear you got some good ones! look forward to seeing em

Page 65 of 365 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 165 ... LastLast