Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 79 of 365 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 129 179 ... LastLast

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

KSH
    ?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thank you Bill for the Postschutz link. On your portrait above: it looks like "66" to me. I'm glad you like the photos!

Patrick: Thank you very much my friend. Much more to come

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Nice Kenneth, some more early Postschutz men! And yes, the first pic is indeed early SS. Note the early prussian skull on the early kepis. I really like that photo!
    (those Postschutz photos are hard to come by too!)
    MAN! Look at the plaid trousers on the SS guy to the right! Never seen that before, must not have been too strict of regulations around there parts!

I agree man, I think it is "66" as well. It could be in relation to 13th Panzer Division's 66 Grenadier regiment. ?? I dunno, thats my only guess.
    Last edited by Bill T; 07-07-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Default Re: Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 2

Quote by KSH View Post
    #7:
    Attachment 218737
    #8: (Am I reaching here, or are these in fact early SS and not simply SA men, before the black uniform was introduced for the SS sometime in 1932?)
    As Bill already said, right: The men in picture # 8 are SS men.

Pictures ## 9 through 13 indeed show Postschutz personnel; from these pictures we can tell for sure now.

Pictures ## 12 and 13 were taken at the Befreiungshalle near Kelheim in Lower Bavaria.
    Befreiungshalle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 2

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As Bill already said, right: The men in picture # 8 are SS men.

Pictures ## 9 through 13 indeed show Postschutz personnel; from these pictures we can tell for sure now.

Pictures ## 12 and 13 were taken at the Befreiungshalle near Kelheim in Lower Bavaria.
    Befreiungshalle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thank you for your help once again, Andreas! I appreciate it immensely. Because of your good identification of the Befreiungshalle we are able to place them on the map, at least for photos #12 and #13.

- Kenneth

Hi Bill, re your Panzer man photo. He will be from Panzer Abteilung 66:

Panzer-Abteilung 66 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Nice photo!

Cheers, Ade.

KSH
    ?

Default Photoalbum belonging to a SS-guard at Haus Wachenfeld (Berghof) who was also a post man - part 3

#14: (SS-men marching I presume? - Some with the new black uniform, some without?)

#15:

#16:

#17:

#18:

#19:

#20: (This photo is a prelude to the rest of the photos in the album. They are standing basically in Hitler's garden in 1933! You are seeing the west side of Hitler's Haus Wachenfeld (the later Berghof) behind them).

Part 4 will follow tomorrow!

These photos below are not from the album, I just want to show you the difference between the original Haus Wachenfeld (1927-1936) and the later converted and enlarged house - the Berghof (1936-1952):

Haus Wachenfeld:

The Berghof:

?

Here are 2 more interesting photos. The first i believe is SS artillery, but i am not sure. The reverse says SS, but i can not identify the tunic and the hat insignia, what little i can see of the edge does not match up size wise to a Totenkopf, looks like a wreath ???? The 2nd photo is a nude portrait of a girl that was mixed up in a box of pics i bought, all WW2 German. The reverse is maker marked. I am thinking maybe a soldiers girlfriend or wife? Any info would be great! Thanks and enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Nice rug...!!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello KSH

This makes sense in Kelheim, there was a post-school protection.

Das macht sinn in Kelheim befand sich eine Postschutz Schule.
    heute Museum

((Pictures ## 9 through 13 indeed show Postschutz personnel; from these pictures we can tell for sure now.

Pictures ## 12 and 13 were taken at the Befreiungshalle near Kelheim in Lower Bavaria.))

?

nice photos Kenneth
    i cant wait to see the rest.

Page 79 of 365 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 129 179 ... LastLast