Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 119 of 365 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

CHRIS, Im absolutely loving this album! My favorite so far, I must say. ---Very good to see you guys!....just got back from vacation (or holiday as you call it!) We were evacuated out of the mountains of upstate New York (state mandated) because of an earthquake and hurricane! E.Q. was a 5.9 on the richter-scale, but the hurricane is what ruined the rest of our Vacation.

Interesting to see the photo of the SS grave too. I bet the Volksbund website could give some basic info of the SS Rott. + the Feldw. too. (even tho HPL pretty much covered most of what they could provide! haha)

So Chris, do you think our guy could have changed units? Or could it just be that he took pics of some comrades graves while in Russia, but is still with the same unit? Tough call

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Here is a new portrait that was waiting for me when I got home!

-Panzermann with new Wife...holding Beret - (His wife is almost taller than him!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Here are a few special photos from the Personal Belongings (family) of a Panzer Regiment 33 Kommander named Walter Rodlich. He actually died not long after taking Command of Pz Reg33. Hope you enjoy them. Although not flashy photos, they are special to me nonetheless.

Kmmdr Walter Rodlich on far right standing with Pz Reg33 Panzers
    Pz Reg 33 Officers
    Pz Reg 33- Komrades

?

This is a photo of Walter Rodlich's grave. (this one isnt mine tho). He was also awarded the Knights Cross!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    So Chris, do you think our guy could have changed units? Or could it just be that he took pics of some comrades graves while in Russia, but is still with the same unit? Tough call
    Mate i'm glad you are back even though your vacation was interrupted. How many days went wasted due to the hurricane?
    Regarding the unit, i believe it was possible to change units since the 1st album is dated 1936 whilst the 3rd 1941. A lot of things could happen during the war. IMO he changed units coz in this photo it's written ''unser Willi Dettmann'' which translates to ''our Willi Dettmann''. I would say that to say about someone ''our'' it means that he is from the same unit. And on the cross the unit is marked (3/P.A.21)
    I could be wrong but it seems logical to me. Maybe Andreas can give us his opinion.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Excellent panzer photos btw
    Have i mentioned that I'm glad you are back? Lol

?

haha Im glad to be back Chris, and very glad to see you have been able to post this recent album! Oh, and my bad.....I didnt realize it stated "Our" Willi Dettman. I get what you are saying now! Still interesting that he was buried next to an SS man. Im sure it was common, especially in Russia, for "mixed" gravesites like that.....although unit gravesites were obviously common as well. Anyway, awesome albums for sure, especially covering 2 different unit's History!

Here is some info on the 21st ID + Pzjgr-Abt.21. after a quick search - - Feldgrau :: 21.Infanterie-Division
    -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Panzer_Army
    -http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de%2FGliederungen%2FDivisionseinheiten%2 FIDEinheiten21-R.htm%23Panzerabwehr-Abteilung+21

Oh ya, we only missed 2 days of vacation time, but 2 days is alot when youre on Holiday/vacation! haha

Of course mate, 2 days are 2 days.
    Thanks for the links, i have read them and i will save them in a document in the same folder i have the 4 albums. On my hard drive i mean
    The 3rd link doesn't work though. This is what it gives me

"We did not find any results for 'http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Divisionseinheiten%2 FIDEinheiten21-R.htm#Panzerabwehr-Abteilung 21' Check that you typed the web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
    Translator"

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    This is a photo of Walter Rodlich's grave. (this one isnt mine tho). He was also awarded the Knights Cross!
    Nice photo Bill i'm sure the OdR Suchdienst Archive would be interested in a copy !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Chris, sorry...I used a translator (why it didnt work I guess). Here it is: Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Panzer-Abwehr-Abteilungen

Paul, I had not even thought of that. I wonder if they have one for Rodlich already in their records? This particular one is a private period photo that is still available for purchase, but the asking price is unfortunately too high IMO. (from a different source than the 3 pics I own)