Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 134 of 365 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

I love these photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

If anyone can help with translation it would be nice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Excellent gear. I would love to own such a set

The other one is a duplicate but on the reverse it has different dates

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Sorry, but there seems to be a misunderstanding. You appear to be referring to newly-manufactured, unissued uniforms. The question here was a different one, though; it was about who carried out ordered insignia changes on issued items that were already in use by soldiers. (Such as the application of the breast eagle to the Fliegerbluse ordered in 1940.)
    Correct HPL. (Mark, I understand where you are coming from too). I think your assumption is most likely correct Andreas, and pretty much what I had figured....but Ive always wondered about this.
    HistoryBuff - Nice pics! Great private shot of Von Leeb!
    Wehrmacht39- Gotta love a woman in an SS Officers uniform!
    Chris- Seems like you have a never-ending supply of photos lately, eh? haha awesome
    The Para pics are sweet. Camo coverall/jumpsuit!? Bada**! Also, note the Erdkampfabzeichen in wear too!

?

Well, here we go again w/ early Luftwaffe......a grouping to one man over the years. He appears to end up as a Flak man in the later Luftwaffe. I believe this shows a DLV tunic in wear, with a DLV glider trade patch? At first I thought NSFK, but DLV seems to be a correct fit. Please let me know if I am missing something HPL.

?

Chris, Im not trying to cover over your photos! Hopefully someone can still translate for you....didnt want you to think I am being rude by posting.

This is one of the oddest wraps Ive seen. The pointy collar flaps are cut very close to the tab-part. (it seems even closer than we usually see on early wraps) Also, the tabs are blank. Ive seen this before, but the wrap is still not sitting right with me. Any suggestions?
    (the striped undershirt reminds me of KM!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    I believe this shows a DLV tunic in wear, with a DLV glider trade patch? At first I thought NSFK, but DLV seems to be a correct fit. Please let me know if I am missing something HPL.
    DLV is correct.
    These light blue "winged propeller" collar patches were worn by the "remaining" DLV (i.e. its civilian elements) during the period after the Luftwaffe went public and before the DLV was disbanded with its responsibilities taken over by the new NSFK.
    No trade patch present, though.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    This is one of the oddest wraps Ive seen. The pointy collar flaps are cut very close to the tab-part. (it seems even closer than we usually see on early wraps) Also, the tabs are blank. Ive seen this before, but the wrap is still not sitting right with me. Any suggestions?
    (the striped undershirt reminds me of KM!)
    It's not a wrap. This ís indeed a Kriegsmarine item, the dark-blue, double-breasted Überzieher worn by seamen of up to junior petty officer rank.
    The blank, cornflower-blue collar patches were worn by the lowest ranks up to Oberstabsgefreiter. Maate (Mates) had one stripe of Tresse on the collar patches, Obermaate (Senior Mates) had two. Maate and Obermaate also had Tresse around the collar. (In all cases, the actual rank and trade were displayed on the sleeve.)
    See here for an example: http://www.wehrmacht-lexikon.de/imag...rzieher_km.jpg
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-22-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Been away from this thread a while. Great pics, guys! Keep rollin' them out!

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    DLV is correct.
    These light blue "winged propeller" collar patches were worn by the "remaining" DLV (i.e. its civilian elements) during the period after the Luftwaffe went public and before the DLV was disbanded with its responsibilities taken over by the new NSFK.
    No trade patch present, though.

It's not a wrap. This ís indeed a Kriegsmarine item, the dark-blue, double-breasted Überzieher worn by seamen of up to junior petty officer rank.
    The blank, cornflower-blue collar patches were worn by the lowest ranks up to Oberstabsgefreiter. Maate (Mates) had one stripe of Tresse on the collar patches, Obermaate (Senior Mates) had two. Maate and Obermaate also had Tresse around the collar. (In all cases, the actual rank and trade were displayed on the sleeve.)
    See here for an example: http://www.wehrmacht-lexikon.de/imag...rzieher_km.jpg
    Ahah! The photo was cut off at an odd point, not showing the KM buttons or KM eagle too well. But I knew I wasnt going crazy, as the characteristics just didnt match up to a Panzer wrap at all! I know VERY little about anything KM anyway, but I really enjoyed the link you have posted for comparison. Thank you again for all of your help.
    Also, thank you for the DLV tab information! I double checked the arm patch in the B. Davis book, and the patch is listed with the trade patches, which is where my confusion was at the moment. As I looked at it again, it said the patch was worn on the tunic of the 'Abteilung Segelflug' (gliding section of the DLV) which is how I was further confused! haha (plate 47 pg162) I fully understand now tho, thank you again!

-- good to see you back here Good Pwny!