Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 141 of 365 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

1st kompanie. Panzer Regiment 11 (Im guessing stube 88 is refering to the barracks number?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Luftwaffe Feldwebel - w/ Fuerewerker Trade Patch
    (nice veiws on 2nd model dagger + hangers)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

That's odd I did not even notice the four pocket tunics I do notice the Luftwaffe Officer on the far left appears to have a trade patch of some sort on his bottom right sleave of his tunic and they are all wearing dress white gloves as well as there summer caps I wonder what the occasion is.Any help on the translation guys I am curious .

Regards Mark k

?

The next photo would appear to be Luftwaffe officers as well as the one center left is wearing a Fliegerbluse and the two on the out sides unless I am mistaken are wearing leather flight jackets the officer in the fliegerbluse has an award or ribbon on the left side of his tunic but I can not make out what it is.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

the next three photos are of two separate soldier of the Africa Korps the one I do believe is in Italy but I am not a 100% shur on that one .The soldier standing by the civilian appears to have a insignia or a badge on his upper left sleave but I can not make out what it is .

Regards Mark K

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    The next photo would appear to be Luftwaffe officers as well as the one center left is wearing a Fliegerbluse and the two on the out sides unless I am mistaken are wearing leather flight jackets the officer in the fliegerbluse has an award or ribbon on the left side of his tunic but I can not make out what it is.
    They are all Luftwaffe , but no officers or leather jackets are present. One of the men is a private; the other ones are NCOs.

The text on the back means:

"Calais
    March 1941
    Uffz.
    [= Unteroffizier] [...], Wchtm. [= Wachtmeister] Kallinger Kan. [= Kanonier] Kühnhold
    Oberwchtm. [= Oberwachtmeister] Jellinger and me.
    'The old guard
    '"

(Sorry, I'm not quite sure about the first name.)

The ranks of Kanonier, Wachtmeister and Oberwachtmeister were used for artillery units as the equivalents of Schütze, Feldwebel and Oberfeldwebel, respectively. So, these men are Flak personnel.

The man second from left and the one in the center - i.e. Kallinger and Kühnhold - wear Fliegerblusen. (Kühnhold has not yet applied the breast eagle introduced for this garment in 1940.)

The other three wear washable work/fatigue jackets. As was common with these garments, the men on the far left and far right wear collar Tresse identifying their NCO status but no other no badges or insignia.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    The first photo would appear to be Luftwaffe portrait I find it odd that his shoulder boards are absent.The second photo would appear to be an early 1935 photo of Luftwaffe Officers are they possibly at a ceremony such as there graduation from officers school.The top photo of the back side of the picture goes with the Officers photo on the bottom right sorry about the order guys.
    The men in the group shot are not officers; actually, all of them are privates. (Notice their collar patches.)

Don't let the "Sam Browne" cross-straps fool you: During the Luftwaffe's early days, they were worn by all ranks as a carryover from the DLV's practice; they were only discontinued for enlisted men in January 1936, thus, in this photograph dated August 1935, they are naturally present.

The text on the back of the photo says:

"An einem schönen Sonntag Nach-
    mittag im Schloßpark am
    [...]*
    Aug. 1935"

"On a beautiful Sunday after-
    noon at the Schloßpark
    [= Palace Park] at[...]*
    Aug. 1935"

* Sorry, not sure about that word. Sütterlin handwriting is always a total pain in the neck for me to decypher...

Still, I can tell you where the photo was taken. This is the Hebetempel at the Schloßpark in Neustrelitz in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Please see here for a whole lot of contemporary photographs:

Meckpommis Heimat - Fotos aus Mecklenburg-Vorpommern | Neustrelitz

(Oh, and the photo of the single man is addressed on the back to Alfons as a memory to Lugi [= a colloquial short/affectionate form of 'Ludwig'] from Munich.)

?

Thank you very much for the translations as well as correcting me on there status as officers and you are right the Sam Brown type belts did throw me off I assumed they were officers.And thank you as well for the link very intresting reading as well.

Regards Mark K

Hi photo aficionados. Let's continue....

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Photos of Generals
    I wish one day to be able to afford a general's tunic

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377