MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 146 of 365 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

-Panzerkampf Abzeichen in Bronze in wear

- KIA Russians near there LKW
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Exactly! As Paul and Mike said, these are post-war prints and not Original Period photos in ANY way. Alot of these photos are actually reprints of published images. They have been around for a long while now. Sellers, especially on Ebay....state that these are archive photos captured by the Russians. This is absolute BS. There are in fact photos that came out in the 50's that were said to be Russian captured but these ARE NOT them.

I have also noticed a HUGE flood of the "Adolf Muller" fakes lately on Ebay. These are one of the more dangerous fakes, as the atelier stamp is similar to period studio stamps. Any photo w/ this stamp is a fake
    BE AWARE OF THIS FAKE!!!!! ----Adolf Muller Leipzig

see here for an example: Marktplaats.nl > foto nederlandse SS vrijwilliger NSB - Verzamelen - Militaria | Tweede Wereldoorlog
    Very good information Bill thanks for sharing this with folks, as many of us need to know these details!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Exactly! As Paul and Mike said, these are post-war prints and not Original Period photos in ANY way. Alot of these photos are actually reprints of published images. They have been around for a long while now. Sellers, especially on Ebay....state that these are archive photos captured by the Russians. This is absolute BS. There are in fact photos that came out in the 50's that were said to be Russian captured but these ARE NOT them.

I have also noticed a HUGE flood of the "Adolf Muller" fakes lately on Ebay. These are one of the more dangerous fakes, as the atelier stamp is similar to period studio stamps. Any photo w/ this stamp is a fake
    BE AWARE OF THIS FAKE!!!!! ----Adolf Muller Leipzig

see here for an example: Marktplaats.nl > foto nederlandse SS vrijwilliger NSB - Verzamelen - Militaria | Tweede Wereldoorlog
    Thanks again guys. I have a few more coming from this guy. I only payed a few bucks each, but am wondering if I should call the guy out on it. I hate to make waves and have gotten legit pics from him in the past. I can pm you the seller so you can avoid him.

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Thanks again guys. I have a few more coming from this guy. I only payed a few bucks each, but am wondering if I should call the guy out on it. I hate to make waves and have gotten legit pics from him in the past. I can pm you the seller so you can avoid him.
    One of the tactics for the sale of these photos is that quite often they are not too expensive so that when the buyer finds out they are fakes they aren't too much out of pocket and let it go without challenge and so it goes on and on !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    One of the tactics for the sale of these photos is that quite often they are not too expensive so that when the buyer finds out they are fakes they aren't too much out of pocket and let it go without challenge and so it goes on and on !!
    I contacted the seller and told him that he's selling "war time" pics that are modern fakes. They also glow under black light. He'll probably give me some bs excuse and tell me I don't know what I'm saying. I got a few more coming from him and he has perfect feedback. Hope he's nice about it.

Hey guys, haven't been on this thread lately but the pics are awesome, as always! Don, I see you've been keeping busy at your mailbox.

I got this pic today and would love to have your opinions. It, and another were pretty cheap. The seller, who I've gotten legit pics from in the past, said it was a Russian copy of captured German film. Late war copies, I believe it was stated. What do you guys think?

I hope you didnt get these from sellers like: """Adolff""" aka Kiev1943, and Tolzor and such because--you got ripped off. I had about 30 images I was supposed to get from those jerks including ones from Stalingrad and Kursk and were told were originals but when I got them in, they were all fake and nEW repos. Also, I only got 9 in of appz 30 images I paid for-taking over 6 months to get anything in and when I did get a few in? they were mailed in a regular envelope and so I was also shafed out of about $70.00 worth of postage. Also, a few of the 9 I finally got in--were not the ones I paid for. All I got was excuse after excuse from """Adolff"""" and was also promised a full refund but, only got more lies. Also, and ONLY thanks to that fool doing business wiht an American company out of Long Beach California--was I able to recover about 3/4 of my money and ONLY because I threatened to get the local Sheriffs Dept after them for mail fraud. Anyway, those photos are "aged" by using tea and coffee and letting them sit in sunshine.

BTW, after I FINALLY got a 3/4 refund, I still kept the 9 images I was sent-so at least the bastich's cant screw someone else out of a lot of money.

So you think it's garbage? It was only a few bucks. I think I remember yours, and they were a lot of money. I know thet are Russian prints, but are they old or new ones? I have a few more coming from this guy. May have to call him out on it.
    These are strictly brand new prints.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Carl nice to see you back here mate !!!
    Hi Paul and thank you and is a pleasure to see you here too. Ill be filling you in soon on whats been happening. BTW, I found out the name of that Gebirgejager RKT in those two photos I have. His last name is Kloebe (SP?) trouble is, is his name or any close match, does not appear in the two books I have with the names of the RKT (Fellgiebels and the Helion reprint of Fellgiebels book)

I stay away from those 2 sellers. I got it from a guy in the states, who I won't name yet. He usually has legit pics.

I got a Luftwaffe postcard today and a congratulations card. I tried to translate the printed text on the obverse and here is what i got lol: ''You've reached it that our opponents do not be afraid but only learned eighth''

On top it says: ''commander in chief of the air force''
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377