Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 160 of 365 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 170 210 260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Here is probably the best candidate I have for colourizing if you think you can do it?
    It would be great if it is possible. It is dated spring 1941 on the rear and is in the positions of the 115th gren regt, 15th panzer div, almost certainly to the south west of Tobruk.

Regards,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    - Sturm - assault/artillerie Stabsgefreiter w/ a Drivers Proficiency Badge in silver, GAB, WBB, Frozen Meat + EK2 Ribbons. He has "the been there look"
    Another fine uniform & insignia study. Yes; he has clearly got around quite a bit.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Another fine uniform & insignia study. Yes; he has clearly got around quite a bit.
    It was nice to see the Drivers badge on him. I would love to see this guys soldbuch.

Hi JERRY,
    I will try my best on this one, but Tropical isnt my area just to let u know ahead of time! I normally only do Studio Portraits, so I should have been a bit more specific! lol

?

Well Jerry, This is the best I could do. I hope I got the colors somewhat close!
    P.S.- it looks better when you click on the image to veiw it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Last edited by Bill T; 11-02-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Wow, i like it
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Excellent, it looks really good, many thanks for that. Sadly, I did not have any studio portraits.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

?

thanks guys. I only say studio portraits, because those are all that I have colored really! That tropical photo was only the 2nd non-portrait Ive ever done. Its a cool photo too Jerry.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    thanks guys. I only say studio portraits, because those are all that I have colored really! That tropical photo was only the 2nd non-portrait Ive ever done. Its a cool photo too Jerry.
    Excluding the pics of my Father in the desert, this is my favorite pic, a great image, but also named and dated and I was able to trace some of his history.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

PHOTO OF THE DAY 5.Nov.2011

This is a very special photo!
    This photo shows a German sailor and a Norwegian girl on their wedding day (Norway).

“Nazi slut” (Tyskertøs) was a derogatory term used for the Norwegian women who
    had a love affair with German soldiers in Norway during the war. The baby’s that were
    born were called “Nazi children” (Tyskerbarn). The women were accused of being in
    league with the enemy and were thus often called collaborators.

In the aftermath of the war, most of the women were victims of extensive and serious
    retaliation and abuse. The Norwegian who married Germans, lost his Norwegian nationality,
    was detained and sent to Germany.

The women:
    The relationship between the Norwegian women and German soldiers varied from pure love
    of opportunistic relationships where the woman wanted to achieve power / prestige.
    The women often came from "poor conditions" and often "lack of schooling and education."
    Age: Over half of the women were between 15 and 24 years, another 23% were under 30.
    From all the photographs i have seen it appears that the women had generally good looks.

A sad part of history..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Thanks for sharing Leander
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377