Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 161 of 365 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Very interesting photo and history Leander! Thank you for sharing that. Indeed another sad part of History

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Here is a Panzerman Portrait mit Schutzmutze

Any help on the translation would be great. From what I gather it was taken in Vienna 1940. Not sure what the "year 1938" is referring to.?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

This photo is of a 38t from WHO ELSE but the 9th Panzer Division (Pz Reg 33) driving over a bridge. Note the spare jerry cans.
    I date this photo around 1941 as the "new" 9th Pz Div's Unit Symbol is being used ("Yll"). (the "XX" symbol was only used while in France)

My guess from knowledge of the Regiment + Division is that this photo was taken during "Operation Fall Marita" somewhere near the Romanian-Bulgarian border crossing a part of the Danube River. Just a guess. Note the turret cover is on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

This is an awesome shot of a Panzerjager I from what I believe to be the 20th Panzer Division. There is a runic symbol (looks like a squared "m") which matches the Division. Again, just a guess
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    This is an awesome shot of a Panzerjager I from what I believe to be the 20th Panzer Division. There is a runic symbol (looks like a squared "m") which matches the Division. Again, just a guess
    A very good candidate for colorization IMO

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Any help on the translation would be great. From what I gather it was taken in Vienna 1940. Not sure what the "year 1938" is referring to.?
    It says:

"Dedicated* to a
    French friend
    Mr. Toves Philippe!

Franz Steinz

Vienna, 2nd May 1940

Photo is from
    the year of 1938
    "

*) The writer of these lines made a little mistake as he actually included the word "gewidmet" [dedicated] twice, at the beginning and the end of the sentence. [Either word order would be possible in German, but not the double use.]

?

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post
    PHOTO OF THE DAY 5.Nov.2011

This is a very special photo!
    This photo shows a German sailor and a Norwegian girl on their wedding day (Norway).

“Nazi slut” (Tyskertøs) was a derogatory term used for the Norwegian women who
    had a love affair with German soldiers in Norway during the war. The baby’s that were
    born were called “Nazi children” (Tyskerbarn). The women were accused of being in
    league with the enemy and were thus often called collaborators.

In the aftermath of the war, most of the women were victims of extensive and serious
    retaliation and abuse. The Norwegian who married Germans, lost his Norwegian nationality,
    was detained and sent to Germany.

The women:
    The relationship between the Norwegian women and German soldiers varied from pure love
    of opportunistic relationships where the woman wanted to achieve power / prestige.
    The women often came from "poor conditions" and often "lack of schooling and education."
    Age: Over half of the women were between 15 and 24 years, another 23% were under 30.
    From all the photographs i have seen it appears that the women had generally good looks.

A sad part of history..
    Very interesting thanks for posting this info !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

This is a fantastic phot, I love it!!
    (Photo from Norway)

Best regards from Norway

This is not a new photo pick up, but one that I would like to share. It is one of my father's tanks somewhere in Russia. It is also my avatar.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-05-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It says:

"Dedicated* to a
    French friend
    Mr. Toves Philippe!

Franz Steinz

Vienna, 2nd May 1940

Photo is from
    the year of 1938
    "

*) The writer of these lines made a little mistake as he actually included the word "gewidmet" [dedicated] twice, at the beginning and the end of the sentence. [Either word order would be possible in German, but not the double use.]
    Awesome HPL! Thank you very much. The double date had me wondering which was the date of the photo! Funny how he used the word twice. Odd that he chose to use the word twice too! Also nice to have a name to the face. You have a keen eye for reading these cursive sutterlan writings!

RALPH- Wow! Incredible photo first of all, but even more interesting is that it was your fathers!?! Do you mind giving any background info of what his position was in the crew/etc?

Leander- great pic. I love these MG position shots