Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 182 of 365 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 192 232 282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Another one with GAB, EKII ribbon and OST medal ribbon (i think) in wear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

A sturmgeschutz panzer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

This one was a gift from Bill, i just love it.
    Thanks mate.
    The stamp on the reverse is the photo studio were the photo was printed right?

Btw happy name day Andreas

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    The stamp on the reverse is the photo studio were the photo was printed right?
    This would appear to be one of a series of tank images which in turn was part of a whole product range of photographs, commercially produced and sold.

The text says:

"GENUINE
    PHOTOGRAPH

Driesen Publishers
    Berlin C 2
    Photograph no. B 5307
    Tank series 30
    "

Btw happy name day Andreas
    Thanks! Hey, you're only the second person today to remember that; the first was a colleague of mine. (She said she thought of that date as she has several male relatives thus named.)

?

Bill i suppose the writing on the reverse is your addition right?
    Haha Actually no, not this time Chris, not my handwriting. It looks like it might have been added postwar, but that was there when I got that one.
    HPL interesting that the Panzer photo was part of a wartime series! I had never noticed that. Pretty neat. Ive always liked that shot!

Also, Chris the StuG/Pzjager Portrait (w/ the writing) is a Signals man/part of Nachrichten Abteilung.....check out the blitz patch.

I never noticed this before, but it looks like the other StuG/Sturm-Artillery man portrait shows a lanyard hanging off of the button on the Grey Wrap
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-01-2011 at 06:14 AM.

?

Heres a new one. Looks like Schrapnel wound....not traditional Schmiss I would guess!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

The description of this photo said this man was from Panzer Regiment 2/1 Pz Div. However, Im not too sure as his boards look to be Panzerjager boards with the number 1 or 4. If he was from Pz Reg 2, they should say 37.

Also, the Panzerkampf Abzeichen looks to be Bronze grade IMO

Do you think it might be possible that he is none of the above, and maybe a Panzer/schutzen-grenadier w/ "S" Schutzen Boards?

Last edited by Bill T; 12-01-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thanks! Hey, you're only the second person today to remember that; the first was a colleague of mine. (She said she thought of that date as she has several male relatives thus named.)
    So that is something mass production like the postcards?

I couldn't forget your name day. Half of Cyprus are named Andreas, Andri, Andriana. It's a very common name. Every house here has a person named after St. Andreas.

For (Greek) orthodox Christians, name days are important and celebrated. Not like birthdays, but still it is something important, to celebrate.

I don't know about Catholics though.

I said Greek orthodox Christians above because i know, that for Russians, even though they are also orthodox, they don't celebrate their name days as it means nothing to them. But that's due to communism which they had for many years, which tried to keep faith and church out of people's believe in order to control them 100% and keep the church out of their way.

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Heres a new one. Looks like Schrapnel wound....not traditional Schmiss I would guess!
    Bro this old dude, IMO is a reservist officer. Besides the age, which is obvious, there is a grey piping on the schulterklappen, under the white one of infantry.