Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 183 of 365 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    The description of this photo said this man was from Panzer Regiment 2/1 Pz Div. However, Im not too sure as his boards look to be Panzerjager boards with the number 1 or 4. If he was from Pz Reg 2, they should say 37.

Also, the Panzerkampf Abzeichen looks to be Bronze grade IMO

Do you think it might be possible that he is none of the above, and maybe a Panzer/schutzen-grenadier w/ "S" Schutzen Boards?
    I agree about the panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze but honestly i can't make out what his shoulderklappen show.
    Maybe Andreas can help out.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    So that is something mass production like the postcards?
    Maybe not made in numbers as large as those for typical mass-printed postcards, but surely produced in significant quantities. Sorry, i really cannot provide additional insight as I know nothing about this trade.

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    I couldn't forget your name day. Half of Cyprus are named Andreas, Andri, Andriana. It's a very common name. Every house here has a person named after St. Andreas.

For (Greek) orthodox Christians, name days are important and celebrated. Not like birthdays, but still it is something important, to celebrate.

I don't know about Catholics though.
    Generally, celebrating name days is indeed an old Catholic tradition, too, but these days it is not really common anymore, not even in such traditionally Catholic regions as my home area.

Even when I grew up in the seventies, the practice had already been pretty much obsolete.

In days gone by, this was different, though; I still remember that my grandparents told me that when they were young, the name day was more significant than the birthday, because "even animals have birthdays, but only people have name days!"

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    In days gone by, this was different, though; I still remember that my grandparents told me that when they were young, the name day was more significant than the birthday, because "even animals have birthdays, but only people have name days!"
    That is so true.

?

Yes, I grew up in a very (modernized) Catholic area and I can honestly say that I had no clue what you guys were talking about when you said "Name day". I now understand, but still surprised you knew what the specific Name of the day was Chris! haha

I will see if I can find you another panzer photo Chris, as I never really noticed that stamp was a series photo. Still a pretty neat photo tho, I have never seen another one before.

Youre probly right about the old man Chris as it would make sense, but I cant make out the grey...only the white. I will have a closer look! thanks for noticing that.

Yes, I grew up in a very (modernized) Catholic area and I can honestly say that I had no clue what you guys were talking about when you said "Name day". I now understand, but still surprised you knew what the specific Name of the day was Chris! haha

I will see if I can find you another panzer photo Chris, as I never really noticed that stamp was a series photo. Still a pretty neat photo tho, I have never seen another one before.

Youre probly right about the old man Chris as it would make sense, but I cant make out the grey...only the white. I will have a closer look! thanks for noticing that.
    Bro there is absolutely no prob about the photo. I like it, don't worry about that

[QUOTE=Panzer1031;412738]Ralph, we might be able to ID the unit as I think it says it on the cross. I'll see if I can figure it out

Bill, I took the photo out and used a loop on it, this is what i can make out.
    Uffz Jos Reisch
    7 Pz. A, Bat. 7(2)?
    There is another line, but I can not read it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Chaps, as there's been a few panzer pics recently I thought I'd list my one & only. He was called Karl Seidl & was KIA. The card came directly from his family.

Can anybody figure out what it says on the back?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Hi Chaps, how about this one. A quick upgrade of an Austrian uniform by adding an eagle!! I suppose it's from 1938 just after the Anschluss,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

[QUOTE=rbminis;424152]
    Ralph, we might be able to ID the unit as I think it says it on the cross. I'll see if I can figure it out

Bill, I took the photo out and used a loop on it, this is what i can make out.
    Uffz Jos Reisch
    7 Pz. A, Bat. 7(2)?
    There is another line, but I can not read it.
    Ralph.
    Nice Ralph! This is a tough one IMO. It is written kinda oddly.

(the first # (7) is usually the Kompanie, but there is not 7 kmps/or battalions in a Pz Artillerie Regiment...so I dunno)

Maybe: Panzer Abteilung 7 ? (but the battalion thing confuses me)
    maybe: 7 Panzer Division....but there Arty Battalion is #78
    (7 Pz Div / Artillerie Battalion 78)
    Maybe: Panzer Artillerie Battalion 72?
    Maybe: Panzer Ausbildungs Battalion of the 7 Pz Div?

I dont know man, maybe someone can help us figure it out. If it were written in the traditional manner, it would be alot easier! lol
    Last edited by Bill T; 12-06-2011 at 09:24 PM.

?

Richard- Love em' both! I like the upgraded Austrian tunic too! Always cool to see

Can anyone tell me what model sidecap this is?? It has buttons on the front
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share