Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 209 of 365 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 219 259 309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

The commander of Pz Reg 33 at the time of this photo was Oberst Hans-Joachim von Koppen. But my favorite commander came later....Oberst Ludwig Schmahl
    The divisions commander was Hubicki, who was with them since they were the 4th Leicht Division.....so his departure was a big deal for the division.
    He was replaced by GM Johannes Baessler, who only held command for 3 months

One of my other favorites was General LT Wilhelm Schmalz who went on to command HG Fallschirm-Pz Div 1! Everyone seemed to like Schmalz from what I have read. He is standing to the right of Hubicki in the books portrait photo of the 4 RKTs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Gday all,
    Picked this photo up with some other items.Thought I may as well post it for all to enjoy.
    Looks pre late 43 by marching boots as a guess.
    The troops appear to be quite raw in this photo and the varied methods of wear of their oversea's caps is quite interesting.
    Leaving for their first deployment maybe?
    New Photo Pick-Ups - Please ShareNew Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Any idea's as to the text on the back?
    Have a good one all.

Nice job detective Monk. Interesting that you own a photo of the same place/occasion with the one posted in your book.

Thanate thanks for contributing to this thread. The reverse seems to have various time periods. Probably regarding their journey?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Any idea's as to the text on the back?
    Those are times of departures [= ab] and arrivals [= an].

Apparently, their train left its point of departure at 1524 hrs., arrived at some waystation at 1609 hrs., left there at 1641 hrs. and arrived at the final destination at 20-something hrs.

(Can't make out the entry after the second "ab"; probably the waystation in abbreviated form.)

Thank you gentlemen very much,I greatly appreciate your effort on this.

Cheers and have a great day.

PEB
    ?

Hi Guys
    I thought I would lend a hand and do my part to keep the thread going. Here are my Himmler photos that just arrived courtesy of a good friend.
    Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Some fine photos gentlemen!

The boyhood photograph shows Himmler at age 12.

The biography of Heinrich Himmler and his brothers Gebhardt and Ernst "Die Brüder Himmler. Eine deutsche Familiengeschichte" written by his grand-niece Katrin Himmler has a group photo showing the three brothers which is dated May 1913 and in which Heinrich's appearance ist exactly the same: facial features, haircut, suit, bow-tie etc. all match precisely; the single portrait was clearly taken on the same occasion.

PEB
    ?

Thanks for the info HPL! I have been told that particular Himmler youth photo is pretty rare. Any idea how many original examples are out there?

Hope these are not out of place on this thread. Here are a couple of postcards I recently got. Rare Bauer series card ( the other photo is the postcard on top of what must have been the same photo session that was in Das Schwarz Korps ) & Der Bannertrager postcard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Quote by PEB View Post
    Any idea how many original examples are out there?
    Sorry; I cannot comment on that.