MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 261 of 365 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 271 311 361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

I like some of the ideas as listed above. I think there should be a pictures sub section under the documents papers photos section and in that have sections like Temple and Bill suggested but broken down more (Panzer Portraits, tanks, Planes, etc)
    The only issues would be having to go through 100s of sub sections....
    But if you were looking for specific photos it would help IMO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

I would say
    Heer
    Luftwaffe
    Kriegsmarine
    SS
    West front
    East front
    Africa

I think it better do it by branch as much of the forum is (if location is known even better).
    If some one wants Panzertruppe just state it in the thread. ( i know you guys that love Panzer portraits are going to shot me)
    Each of member here has a somthing they like, for me it the Heer. Others like Luftwaffe or SS or Ostfront

Sorry for doubling the post!

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    One of my favorites: SS troops with Captured Russian KV1 Tank (odd barrel IMO). (Note the SS Spiess) SS men in peadot camo to right. Maybe Das Reich men?? I know they captured alot of KV1s at Kursk (just a guess)
    Just a quick correction, its a T-26 with a standard 45 mm gun.

?

[QUOTE=tempelhof;556919]
    as a new member i see some really outstanding photos in this group and the presentation is a little unwieldy especially for someone who is starting recently here. these pictures deserve to shine and easy access will afford that opportunity.

thanks to all who have posted here. i really am enjoying going through the pages.

edit: it is a great point made by Paul that these photos are important to collectors of photos such as myself who like to see them for reference but it's difficult to derive any utility in that regard as the thread is in it's current size.
    QUOTE]

Templehof, It is great to get a new member's prespective on this. Seriously. I think youve given some great ideas and hopefully we can make a step in the right direction to help veiwers and especially newcomers to the forum.

Evgeni, yes... it is indeed a T-26, as I soon realized after posting that a while ago. Way too small to be a KV1!! a neat photo

?

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    I like some of the ideas as listed above. I think there should be a pictures sub section under the documents papers photos section and in that have sections like Temple and Bill suggested but broken down more (Panzer Portraits, tanks, Planes, etc)
    The only issues would be having to go through 100s of sub sections....
    But if you were looking for specific photos it would help IMO
    You and Franz have good ideas too, and this is where I am having varied thoughts. I dont know which is better.....to have a bunch of specific subject threads.....or do it like Franz suggests and just have broad subjects like the different braches.

Maybe we should figure out what photos we have posted most of..... and make threads specific to the majorities? I dunno?

You and Franz have good ideas too, and this is where I am having varied thoughts. I dont know which is better.....to have a bunch of specific subject threads.....or do it like Franz suggests and just have broad subjects like the different braches.

Maybe we should figure out what photos we have posted most of..... and make threads specific to the majorities? I dunno?
    That is for the mods to decide.

That is for the mods to decide. to make a forum like that

?

I agree about having sub-sections here...

I have been getting new photos everyday but I dont have access to a scanner! this awfully frustrating!! I have an especially nice BIG waffen-SS group photo taken in the field , they have cufftitles too but cant make out which unit it is ,but I REALLY want to post BAD!! Also, Bill, I was about to bid on the last two photos you posted!! That isnt the first time! We've even bid against each other on some w/out even knowing until they were posted here! LOL! Well, i wanted to make an appearance here.

?

Guys there has been some great ideas posted on how to make the section more readable and researchable all of which have there merits and they are exactly how i personally would like to see things developing. That said i don't feel that i am here to tell you the members exactly how to post your photos so as far as i am concerned it is up to you how you would like to develop things depending on your particular interests whether it be uniforms , awards , personalities , units , battles , fronts etc etc !! Lets start posting and see how it goes !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings