Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 275 of 365 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 285 325 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

you might be able to get a unit ID from the shoulderboard on that new one Bryant. I dunno?

Could someone explain the rank of Oberschutze to me? Why was this rank even needed, and why wouldnt they just go straight to Gefreiter instead?? Was this rank something that was needed in larger sized units for more control or something?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    you might be able to get a unit ID from the shoulderboard on that new one Bryant. I dunno?

Could someone explain the rank of Oberschutze to me? Why was this rank even needed, and why wouldnt they just go straight to Gefreiter instead?? Was this rank something that was needed in larger sized units for more control or something?
    Hi Bill!
    I believe that the equivalent to an Oberschutze would be a private, first class.
    Hope this helps.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Bill T View Post
    A soldier could be promoted to the rank of Oberschütze [or Oberpionier, Oberfahrer, Oberfunker etc. etc.] after some six to twelve months of service.

However, an enlisted man did not have to pass through this rank; direct promotion to Gefreiter was possible and the norm. Those promoted to Oberschütze were usually men who had served for some time and had acquitted themselves well enough as basic-level privates, but who were considered not (or at least not yet) suitable for promotion to Gefreiter and who were not expected to rise any higher.

A similar situation existed with the junior NCO rank of Unterfeldwebel: A soldier could be directly promoted from Unteroffizier to Feldwebel without passing through the Unterfeldwebel rank. Those who held the rank of Unterfeldwebel were typically longer-serving Unteroffiziere who were competent for junior NCO rank, but not suitable for promotion to the senior NCO ranks.

Thus, Oberschütze and Unterfeldwebel were often dead-end ranks.

?

Schütze Herbert Rybarczyk killed in the East, July 28, 1942. 70 years ago today.

Last edited by Bryant; 07-29-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Three from the Frontline ....New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

?

Adreas, Thank you for a thorough explanation. I had seen this rank used in Army photos/etc before , but I dont recall ever seeing it for Panzer personnel....and didnt know the point of the rank itself.
    Thank you too Ralph, a good comparison for US rank equivalent.

A couple GJ pics......

* Portrait is a man from GJ- Pioneer Battalion 54
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Good day! Help the photos with Joachim Piper.

- - Updated - -

Interested in the period of the Battle for Kharkov February-March 1943

?

Interested in everything connected with the period of Kharkov 1943

- - Updated - -

Sorry, if not in the section