Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 281 of 365 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 291 331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

?

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Guys, awesome pics!! Bryant I also love the Fallschirmjager portrait. If you ever want one of these colorizesd, let me know.

This Unteroffizier was from 10./Panzergrenadier-Rgt. 126, A Self-Propelled Flak Unit of the 23. Panzer Diviison which at that time used the Flakpanzer 38t!!

He was killed in Spetember of 1942, when the 23. Panzer Division was attempting to help the surrounded troops at Stalingrad.
    He was buried at Rossoschka (Rossoška) German War Graves Cemetary. His date of death coincides with the fierce fighting to the Northwest of Stalingrad, where this cemetary is actually located. This cemetary is well-known for the large amount of Stalingrad fighters who are buried there.

Below is his grave and a picture of a Flakpanzer 38t, which was used at this time by companies like his: May he R.I.P.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Attached Images Attached Images New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

This is an interesting one Bill as the Kessel wasn't closed until 19th November 1942 and in September 42 , 23 Panzer Division was fighting in the Terek area of the North Caucusus i believe so in wonder how he has ended up being buried at Rossochka ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

This is a picture of a family it is a Studio photo of a father and two sons
    it is from an Album in my collection New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Quote by Lancere View Post
    it is from an Album in my collection
    Very very nice family photo.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Nice picture, I wonder if the two boys survived the war

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Lancere View Post
    it is from an Album in my collection New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    Good family portrait pic, it would be nice to know if they made the journey and survived the war.

Brad.

?

Hi Fellas,

This photo arrived yesterday, a bunch of Luftwaffe guys standing around
    getting what I imagine is a lesson on marksmanship at the range.
    Looks to be a K98 the guy in the centre is pointing at the camera IMO.
    The photo is nothing special I guess, but I liked it and had to get it all the same.
    Click on photo to enlarge.

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    This is an interesting one Bill as the Kessel wasn't closed until 19th November 1942 and in September 42 , 23 Panzer Division was fighting in the Terek area of the North Caucusus i believe so in wonder how he has ended up being buried at Rossochka ??

Paul, Im completely stuck on this one.
    I have 23 panzer division in the Terek River/Prochlany area as late As August 29, so you are correct. And of course youre right about the Kessel lol..... thats what happens when I'm reading/researching too much.....all logic goes out the window sometimes! haha

So, the info I was reading was obviously a couple months later after the closing of the Kessel, but i cannot figure out why his body would be in this area at that time. Unless they transported it, but that seems a bit absurd for the times. The only other explanation is that the date on the cross is incorrect??

Brad, welcome and thanks for sharing!

?

Here is a unit in which its hard to find photos of IMO... portrait of a Feldwebel from Panzer Regiment 24 of the 24. Panzer Division! He wears his numbers on his boards backwards too! (or facing towards himself)

?

A man in waffenrock from Panzer Regiment 5. He also wears the Panzer Shooting Lanyard

Does anyone know how one qualified to recieve the Panzer Lanyard?