Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 289 of 365 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 299 339 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Not that basic photo after all ))

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The poorly legible text on the back says:

"Zwei Kretenser [something crossed out here] die sich durch plumpe Anbiederungsversuche irgendwelche Vorteile von den gelandeten Fallschirmjägern versprechen"

...i.e.:

"Two Cretans expecting some kind of benefits from the landed paratroopers by making a plump smarmy approach."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Outstanding

Thanks for the translation- Ill try and scan it better- so the pencil is more legible

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The first word is "Waffenstillstand" [= ceasefire] but the rest is giving me trouble.

"Im Schneetreiben am Waldesrand
    3. - 8. März 40
    Tross mit nachgeführten Pferden
    "

...i.e.:

"In driving snow by the edge of the forest
    3 - 8 March 40
    train* with horses being brought forward
    "

*) not as in "railway train", of course, but as in "baggage train", "supply train" etc.
    Thanks HPL you are a big help, I can not even make letters out of most of these.

Here is another new addition to my photo collection.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Ralph.
    Great portrait mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Great portrait mate
    Thanks Chris!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

A small sized album of 50 pages of photos I recently acquired for its "Polish" interest... mainly Warsaw photos (the primary focus of my WWII photo collecting)

Above: Would appreciate a translation/interpretation of what looks like a clipped death-card leaflet or German newspaper obituary?

I assume the officer in the photo is standing over the grave of the officer mentioned in the death notice.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Excellent album! The snippet looks like it came from a newspaper. The person was KIA on the 29th of January 1942 while leading his troops. He was a commander of an AT unit. He has received a clasp to his Iron Cross second class (earned in WO1) and Iron Cross first class (WO2). He was also awarded Military Order of St. Henry during WO1. This is a very rare and valued award: Military Order of St. Henry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is more data on this person from the archives:

Viktor Ullrich wurde noch nicht auf einen vom Volksbund errichteten Soldatenfriedhof überführt.
    Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen befindet sich sein Grab derzeit noch an folgendem Ort: Kostino / Juchnow - Rußland
    Der Volksbund ist bemüht, auf der Grundlage von Kriegsgräberabkommen die Gräber der deutschen Soldaten zu finden und ihnen auf Dauer gesicherte Ruhestätten zu geben. Wir hoffen, in nicht allzu ferner Zukunft auch das Grab von Viktor Ullrich zu finden und die Gebeine auf einen Soldatenfriedhof überführen zu können.
    Name und die persönlichen Daten des Obengenannten sind auch im Gedenkbuch der Kriegsgräberstätte verzeichnet. Sie können gern einen Auszug bei uns bestellen.
    Bitte beachten Sie, dass auf einigen Friedhöfen nicht die aktuelle Version ausliegt, somit kann der Name Ihres Angehörigen darin evtl. noch nicht verzeichnet sein.
    Nachname:Ullrich
    Vorname:Viktor
    Dienstgrad:Oberstleutnant
    Geburtsdatum:02.09.1894
    Geburtsort:Zittau
    Todes-/Vermisstendatum:29.01.1942
    Todes-/Vermisstenort: B.Kostino

Apparently he died in battles near Yukhnov (~180 km west of Moscow) during the Russian Winter Counter Offensive. Yukhnov was liberated on the 5th of March 1942: File:RIAN archive 281 Soviet scouts enter Yukhnov.jpg

I bet that the photos you seen in the album has nothing to do with the snippet as he was KIA in the winter and the territory where he was buried was liberated by the time the snow was still there.

To check my assumption please make good scan of the graves in order to read the names.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Evgeni

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    A small sized album of 50 pages of photos I recently acquired for its "Polish" interest... mainly Warsaw photos (the primary focus of my WWII photo collecting)

Above: Would appreciate a translation/interpretation of what looks like a clipped death-card leaflet or German newspaper obituary?

I assume the officer in the photo is standing over the grave of the officer mentioned in the death notice.

Thank you Evgeni, it is very interesting information

You are right there are no winter scenes. Maybe the dead officer was a comrade or friend of the officer standing by the graves?

No Viktor Ullrich written on the grave markers from what I can see:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.