Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 320 of 365 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

Default Re: New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Thanks Bill that's what I thought so I m glad I didn't! On the other hand I m glad I m learning the layout of the forum! A couple of questions if you don't t mind? The photos I ve posted came to me through my family from my grandmothers estate to my grandmother and ultimately to me. I ve never actively sought out war photography before so I m unfamiliar as to what a "typical" collection may resemble? I know it will vary by the individual who may have taken the pictures but I ve often wondered why my pics in particular have English descriptions #'s personal notes (refer to arows in some of mine). I think total there are 50 some odd images some of training, burials, general daily functions. A real personal take on the war. Lastly a lot of them seem to deal w the Russian front per american involvement yet the ones with the two seated women have different borders and what looks to me like a American trailer in the background? Just wondering what someone else's perspective would be on them? Regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

?

Hi Brian. I also have a couple photos (not many) with English descriptions on reverse. Not often seen on German photos tho. A simple possibility for this would be that the Vet may have moved to an English speaking country and added the descriptions post-war so not to forget the names of his comrades/etc. As for the image content of your pics, they are pretty common when compared to the majority of other albums/photo groupings of the period. Some guys put them into albums, some didn't. It was common for soldiers to take pics during "downtime" or in a more relaxed atmosphere, which is why it is pretty hard to find photos of actual combat situations or similar. But it is also a good thing too, as you can sometimes trace the steps of the Vets service by trying to ID certain monuments/buildings/etc in the backgrounds of each photo! And it is always the coolest when you have any items relating to your family history as well!

?

Luftschutz photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

Very nice photos Brian. i especially like the bar scene and luger.And again thanks to Chris for rotating. Bill, I like the luftscutz with fine display of the helmet and decal!

I just received some new pics in the mail today. Some are very graphic so I'm not sure if its appropriate to post them here. I will post those in another thread titled, "Graphic ".
    On the other hand I have some photos from the same source that are more appropriate .
    Bill and Chris, I'm sure you will like them! Sorry for the poor images, all I have is my lousy iPad . I'm pretty sure it's from the invasion of France , also there's what looks like an African soldier from one of France's colonies . There's some bunker pics and a wrecked panzer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Last edited by Dean; 06-12-2013 at 09:54 AM.

?

Here's the reverse of the first photo. The one with the POW. Can I get a translation if possible,please?.
    Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

Dean very nice panzer pictures man. Indeed the ipad is not helpful but sometimes is the only option
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Thanks Chris. I will get better images when I can.

?

Nice Dean! Like the bunker shots

Here is a Luftwaffe Hauptgefreiter training Hitler Jugend Flak helpers on a 2cm flak gun

Quote by Dean View Post
    Here's the reverse of the first photo. The one with the POW. Can I get a translation if possible,please?.
    It's a sarcastic, racist remark: "Kulturträger Frankreichs", roughly "The bearer of France's culture".

?

A nice portrait of a Heer Sanitats-squad.