Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New postcards from operaman!

Article about: Cool keep them coming

Default New postcards from operaman!

New postcards from operaman!New postcards from operaman!New postcards from operaman!New postcards from operaman!New postcards from operaman!New postcards from operaman!

Some new scans that I don"t think I have posted before.Notice the first scan of the beer hall where Hitler was when a bomb went off,see the little ( X) in the corner,it was put there by the sender of the card.If anyone can translate it would be great. Enjoy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New postcards from operaman!
    P
    Many

Default Re: New postcards from operaman! #2

The back of #13 is for scan #12
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New postcards from operaman!   New postcards from operaman!  

New postcards from operaman!   New postcards from operaman!  

New postcards from operaman!  

Default Re: New postcards from operaman! #3

Thats all right now,I will try and post more later this weekend Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New postcards from operaman!   New postcards from operaman!  

Default Re: New postcards from operaman!

Outstanding postcards ....as usual

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

WoW! They are so beautiful! Who is Operaman?

Very nice postcards, thanks for sharing!

As for the contents of the first postcard:

I can't make out some of the words, but it was written by a very enthusiastic tourist to Munich, who had already visited the Hellabrunn Zoo (with "30 Chimpanzees & 6 Orang-Utans") the day before the card was written and, on the day of writing, the Nymphenburg Palace and Parks ("the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world" with "kilometer-long greenhouses with orchids, cacti and plants & trees from all continents", "a true wonder of colors and shapes") and, before going to Nymphenburg, had enjoyed a "good lunch at the Bürgerbräu, where the March began". (meaning, of course, the march on the Feldherrnhalle)

Weather was overcast, but dry and warm, hotel room was fine.

Next day on 9 AM, the trip would go on to Schladming in Austria (arrival at 3 PM).

I have some trouble decyphering the final sentence, but it mentions a departure for Casamicciola, an Italian municipality on the island of Ischia in the Gulf of Naples.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-15-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Another great selection, i love the Danzig one...thanks for posting..

Some more beautiful cards you've added to your large collection.
    Tom

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Very nice postcards, thanks for sharing!

As for the contents of the first postcard:

I can't make out some of the words, but it was written by a very enthusiastic tourist to Munich, who had already visited the Hellabrunn Zoo (with "30 Chimpanzees & 6 Orang-Utans") the day before the card was written and, on the day of writing, the Nymphenburg Palace and Parks ("the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world" with "kilometer-long greenhouses with orchids, cacti and plants & trees from all continents", "a true wonder of colors and shapes") and, before going to Nymphenburg, had enjoyed a "good lunch at the Bürgerbräu, where the March began". (meaning, of course, the march on the Feldherrnhalle)

Weather was overcast, but dry and warm, hotel room was fine.

Next day on 9 AM, the trip would go on to Schladming in Austria (arrival at 3 PM).

I have some trouble decyphering the final sentence, but it mentions a departure for Casamicciola, an Italian municipality on the island of Ischia in the Gulf of Naples.
    Thanks for the translation,you are truly gifted.Cheers

Hi my name is Mike,I live is Memphis Tn,I love opera and collecting Third Reich propaganda postcards and German Dress Daggers,Hindenburg flight covers and 1936 Olympics.Please see the other postings I have made on this site under postcards I think you will like them.Regards Mike (operaman)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast