Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Pic - Afrika Korps Heer With Luft Buckle

Article about: Hi Chap, I thought I'd post this odd pic I recently picked up on ebay. As you can see it's a pair of Army Afrika Korps vets; but the Gefreiter on the right is wearing a blue steel Luftwaffe

Default Odd Pic - Afrika Korps Heer With Luft Buckle

Hi Chap, I thought I'd post this odd pic I recently picked up on ebay. As you can see it's a pair of Army Afrika Korps vets; but the Gefreiter on the right is wearing a blue steel Luftwaffe buckle?? Also of note is that he seems to be wearing a pre war Reichsheer jacket. It's probably a case of a little soldier rebellion. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Pic - Afrika Korps Heer With Luft Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Pic - Afrika Korps Heer With Luft Buckle
    P
    Many

Not too unusual in the Africa campaign. I have something similar, only the other way round. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Pic - Afrika Korps Heer With Luft Buckle   Odd Pic - Afrika Korps Heer With Luft Buckle  

Great pics Stewy.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Not too unusual in the Africa campaign. I have something similar, only the other way round. Stewy
    This was quite commonly seen early in the desert campaign for the Luftwaffe flak troops to be issued with the Heer tropical tunic and to have the luft collars but heer eagles on them. Very good pics shown, great to see all of them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My two guys look like they're back home on leave or walking out. My guy is making some sort of point. I don't feel he's wearing the Luft buckle due to the pressures of war.