Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!

Article about: I've been to Tallinn Paul & seen Some of the ruins. Stewy

?

Default Re: Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very nice pics Paul. Very nice. Is that a Red Cross guy on the bicycle with a rifle? Why did you start to collect 61ID pis?
    One of the first albums i bought was from a Sani from 61 ID it has nearly 900 photos from his time in the Hitler youth right through the war plus they fought in Estonia in 41 then Narva in 44 which is a Battle i'm very interested in. The other Divison i follow photo wise is the 29th ( Mot ) Infanterie Div and i have many photos from them , that was due to my friendship with RKT Helmut Meitzel and his family !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!
    P
    Many

?

Unfortunately the biggest losses to the town was made not in the world wars, the most losses Tallinn recieved at the last 20 years, where a lot of old factories and wooden parts of the town was destroyed voluntary and at these places was grow a modern long penthouses- which look of them make me only the feel to womit. Surely the war destroys all, but war is a war, Tallinn became bombing from German side in 1941, and in 1944 by Soviets, in both cases if there no port with ships and valuable military objects- there will be no town fights and bombings.
    I will made some shots- " then and now" later
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Very understandable. Hope you will post some more.

?

This a picture of the end of Peterburg strasse,approx a 200 meters from the crossroad with Tartu street.
    The building at the right is destroyed approx 2 month ago
    To be exact- this is a exact look from the Suur Sojamaje street, direct near the Ulemiste center
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Unfortunately the biggest losses to the town was made not in the world wars, the most losses Tallinn recieved at the last 20 years, where a lot of old factories and wooden parts of the town was destroyed voluntary and at these places was grow a modern long penthouses- which look of them make me only the feel to womit. Surely the war destroys all, but war is a war, Tallinn became bombing from German side in 1941, and in 1944 by Soviets, in both cases if there no port with ships and valuable military objects- there will be no town fights and bombings.
    The "benefits" of EU membership and the so called free market economy, which in essence is just uncontrolled greed. I'm not communist at ALL, but i sure know what unregulated capitalism is about. I look forward to your photos Dimas.

?

It's just a words- all of the politics, liberal or dictature, had the same ugly face And brakes normal menthality, I prefer to think about te history only.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I like normal mentality. The same thing is going on here in Moscow. From one day to another historical buildings disappear. A real shame.

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Thats great Dim was hoping you could do a few then and now i didn't get time in october !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This a picture of the end of Peterburg strasse,approx a 200 meters from the crossroad with Tartu street.
    The building at the right is destroyed approx 2 month ago
    To be exact- this is a exact look from the Suur Sojamaje street, direct near the Ulemiste center
    Thanks Dimas it's chamged such a lot around this area it's a pity that buidling has gone !!

1st July 1916

Thumbs up Re: Operation Barbarossa Combat in Estonia !!

Many thanks for taking the trouble to post these photos, Paul. They certainly repay close attention, and make a change from the 'stock' photos which are endlessly reprinted in books.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast