Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat

Article about: Hey Guys, Don't know if this has been done before, if so mods please move to existing thread. This thread is for the posting of helmets in the combat zone. I will start it off with 3 cool pi

Default Re: Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat

Guys,

Got this cool book today, it is a study of soldiers faces in combat photos are attributed to PK photographers. They are a bit blurry a few of them but that is the original not my poor ability. You can see the combat stress on some of the faces. I have only included the pics where wearing helmet.

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat   Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat  

Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat   Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat
    P
    Many

Very cool book! Lots of pics that I've never seen before .... thanks for showing!

Rob

Guys,

The rest. I hope I'm not infringing any copyright law

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat   Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat  

jock nice book mate love all the pics in this thread but think the dent in the lid in your first pic above is cool cheers for showing

Neat old book! When and where was it published?

Hi Jock,

Great photo's!! But one in particular struck me as familiar. Isn't this a pic of LUCKYSTRIKE'S piece of stug III armour that's been driving us all mad for months???

It's got the castellated nuts and bevelled edge as his piece has. I think you may well have inadvertantly solved the puzzle old lad!!

Well Done!!, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Original Photos Of Helmets In Combat 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Some picĀ“s out of the book:

"The face of the German Soldier" published by the OKW, printed in 1943

Ewin, Yes that is my favourite too, and the cigar just tops it!

Pakin9, It was published in Paris in 1942, Title by Walter Von Reichenau, called 'Soldatenantlitz in der Schlacht'. It states it was commissioned by the PK.
    It is part of a series, the others I have cover war artists. The series is 'Dei Kleine W.I.-Reihe. It is roughly A5.

Ned, its nice to be helpful even by accident.

Regards

Jock

Hi big ned, Well spotted you're right about the picture it is the hatch and a very interesting angle too boot. It shows the bevelled edge very well, thanks for the pm to draw my attention.
    Ps the SDKDZ Foundation have finished the restoration of their black sea Stug and it'll be at the Bovington Tank Museums Tankfest next weekend. I'm hoping too go!.
    Finally picture 22, is that George Bush as a younger man?.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

here a few other pics with helmets in action

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast