Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panther with strange camo

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?   Unusual spot camo on the side skirts, the guy on the right looks like he's got burns to his face!..

The burns victim has no ear!!!

... and still in the fight - thats gutsy.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panther with strange camo
    P
    Many

?

[QUOTE=Paul D;1303782]Very interesting design and photo , the Panzer looks like it is one form the Regimental HQ Group !!
    QUOTE]

Paul, I don't doubt your statement In the least, but I am most curious as to how you belive this to be a command vehicle? Is it the turmnummer?

From what I have the camo is known as Ambush

[QUOTE=Bill T;1311211]
    Quote by Paul D View Post
    Very interesting design and photo , the Panzer looks like it is one form the Regimental HQ Group !!
    QUOTE]

Paul, I don't doubt your statement In the least, but I am most curious as to how you belive this to be a command vehicle? Is it the turmnummer?
    I think R01 is a command number, but I can be wrong

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I have not heard of 'disc camouflage' I am now on a mission to find more info

Nick

*edit Found lots of pics !

Here are some:

Nick
    Not the same paint job, this is the best I can do on a period picture It's probably the same tank in the first post

Hi René, you are on the right track.

Regimental commanders and staff used "R0" series so the regimental commander could be R00 or R01 and his Adjutant would be either R01 or R02.

As ever model makers sites are a big help:

German Vehicle Numbering

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Rene amd Ade are correct my deduction that it was from the RHQ group was from the Turret number !!

?

Thanks guys! I forgot that I actually have a photo of an "R03" command tank. Doh! The disc camo is odd looking though on the Panthers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panther with strange camo  

?

I have never heard of the disk camouflage before, but this is interesting! I bet it worked just as well, if not better than other period camouflages.

Just found another example of the spot/disc camo, this time on a Brummbär!....

Panther with strange camo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast