Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Photo album advice needed

Article about: Hi mates, i'm new here.I'm a relatively young collector, I collect basically all kinds of documents and photos.I would like to add a photo album(i don't have one yet) to my collection.I saw

adam
    ?

Default Photo album advice needed

Hi mates, i'm new here.I'm a relatively young collector, I collect basically all kinds of documents and photos.I would like to add a photo album(i don't have one yet) to my collection.I saw one, with around 120 pics, in excellent condition. Photos are almost all from stalingrad campaign.The price is 200 USD. here is my question:is it worth it? Thanks, and sorry if this is not the right topic to post this.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Photo album advice needed

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum!

Depending on content the price might be OK. But I would really prefer to see the item before commenting more.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Adam and welcome,

As Ade says to give an accurate answer we would have to see the album and photos. What i would say as a photo and album collector i would be expecting to pay way more than $200 for 120 original Stalingrad related photos.

regards

paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Welcome Adam. The guys sum it up nicely,content of pics is all important. Stewy S

If all photos are indeed stalingrad, and not all are static (posing) then its wel worth 200,-

If the album is not messed around with, and not thrown together i would say that for 200 dollars you have got a very nice deal.

But this opinion is based on nothing more then you told us,. would realy help if you showed some pictures of the album in question

Welcome to the forum Adam

Sound advice from the gents above.

With all this Credit crunch happening its a buyers Market, And I would not rush into anything. you can find some cracking photo albums/Groups on the E stands, And of coarse on dealers sites.

Make sure you do your home work. Happy hunting

adam
    ?

Thank for advice mates.Of course hugely depends on the content, but that's why I asked. In fact, I didn't see it yet, belongs to an acquaintance who bought it few years ago when he was in germany in a somekind of ''fleamarket''. As he knew I could be interested he told me. I think I would see it and then would decide.

PD: Honestly I've never bought sth from internet, all my collection is from antiqueshops,fleamrkets and trips.As I've already told you I'm young collector.
    I would like to know how does it works, what do you need, if the items come to your house in good condition, what happens if not, if somebody had a bad experience, etc.
    thank's in advance for your advice.