MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

photo of German soldiers ???

Article about: I recently picked up some new photos they include Heer,Luftwaffe,AfricaKorps, and then there was this photo they would all appear to be wearing German uniforms some have adlers on there side

?

Default photo of German soldiers ???

I recently picked up some new photos they include Heer,Luftwaffe,AfricaKorps, and then there was this photo they would all appear to be wearing German uniforms some have adlers on there sidecaps as well as there tunics but some of the colar tabs,shoulderboards,insignia,medals,and decoration do not look right to me .Iam starting to wonder if they are German allies such as Romanian or Yugoslavian any and all comments would be welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture photo of German soldiers ???   photo of German soldiers ???  

Last edited by Mark K; 10-04-2011 at 03:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement photo of German soldiers ???
    P
    Many

Default Re: photo of German soldiers ???

Hi Mark, these guys are all Luftwaffe.

Cheers, Ade.

I really don't think they are foreign.

Almost all uniforms in the photograph are clearly of standard Luftwaffe types. The cap- and breast eagles, shoulder boards, collar Tresse and sleeve chevrons are conventional, too.

The three things that do appear slightly odd are the (sword-shaped?) badge worn on the breast pocket of the man on the far right of the foreground group and his collar patches as well as those of the man on the group's far left.

However, the badge could simply be a tinnie and the appearance of the collar patches might be just a trick of the light.

The photo was definitely taken in Germany. The text on the back says:

"Zum Andenken an
    Stadtwald Nagold.
    ."

...meaning:

"As a memory of
    the Nagold Municipal Forest.
    ."

(Nagold is a town in Baden-Württemberg.)

?

Thank you gentlemen I as well did notice the odd shaped sword badge on the soldiers tunic pocket on the right as well as his colar tabs and the other soldier colar tabs looked odd to me as well .The other thing I did find of intrest was the soldier with the beard all these things combined had me wondering if the were German soldiers or possibly one of there allies.

Regards Mark K

Interessant the Tank Man in the back...

Quote by sSterbebild View Post
    Interessant the Tank Man in the back...
    Actually, I think he is wearing the Luftwaffe's black work/fatigue uniform. [schwarzer Drillichanzug] It's definitely not the black Panzer crew uniform.

You have a sharp eye H.P. Great photo Mark. Everytime I see photos of German Soldiers smiling, it drives home that these poor guys have no idea of the cataclysm that will soon envelop them.

Jay

Whats up with the guy with the Beard?