Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?

Article about: Here are some photos of it.

Default Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?

Here are some photos of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?   Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?  

Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?   Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?  

Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?   Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?

Anyone?

CMc
    ?

Default Re: Is this photograph taken by Heinrich Hoffman of Hitler and Von Mackensen real?

It seems plausible enough, Field Marhsal von Mackensen was certainly known to show some support to the Nazi regime following Hitler's rise to power, and was often to be seen at public events in his black Life Hussar's uniform (the black uniforms of the Imperial Cavalry were supposedly part of the inspiration for the SS tank crews' black uniforms of the Second World War.), so for the caption to claim the two meeting in 1939 seems plausible.

Do you know what the valuableness of this photo could be?

I wouldn't think a press-agency photo distributed at least several hundreds, but most probably in the thousands of times is of high value.

So it's realy from Heinrich Hoffman's shop? Not a press-agency copy.

Quote by Comrade View Post
    So it's realy from Heinrich Hoffman's shop? Not a press-agency copy.
    What make you think it is no agency-copy, after me telling you it is one???

Presse-Hoffmann was press picture agency, supplying prints of their fotos to all newspapers in Germany and to a lot more in europe and all around the world.

I'm not shure what you're talking about. Heinrich Hoffmann was owner of an agency. So, yes it is a copy of a picture distributed by Hoffmann, like millions others...

Sorry my english is terrible! When i bought the picture the owner of it told,that the picture was bought from Hoffmans shop in the 1950's, and told me it was an original photo.

It is an orginal print of a Hoffmann agency photo, no doubt. And Hoffmann made good money with selling copys from negatives, he had stolen from the court exhibits at the Nuernberg war crimes tribunal.
    The Nuernberg court had sized all of Hoffmanns negatives, but ordered Hoffmann as a witness for the prosecution and let him sort his own archive there. Hoffmann took the oportunity and took as much as he could carry.