Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Photographs of A. Hitler

Article about: Dear all, I am new to this forum. My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of

Very interesting images Stefan!

I have to ask, do you have to be careful or secretive to collect such things in Germany these days? I can't imagine the politically correct brigade being too supportive of your hobby.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of A. Hitler
    P
    Many

?

My research shows this car and the one below were purchased in 1933. the license plate numbers IIA 19356 & IIA 19357

This photo is from the 1935 Nuremberg party rally and seems to be the same location so not likely 1935, but 1933 or later.
    Last edited by Ganer; 05-30-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Quote by SH89 View Post
    Thank you both!

Moving on to the next two photographs:

The first photo shows Hitler next to Erich Raeder (left), supreme commander of the Kriegsmarine (military navy), and Werner von Blomberg (right), Reichswehrminister, during the dedication of the Marine-Ehrenmal (navy memorial) Laboe near Kiel on May 30 1936. The tower still exists (see photo in attachment).

The second photo shows Hitler during a visit of the German Air Force in Poland. One wing of the plane has been improvised used as table. You can see documents on it which are fixed with stones. Am I right in assuming that the picture was taken in 1939?

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Stefan
    Here is another picture of the naval memorial dedication.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Some excellent research and then and now shots , many thanks for posting them.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

@Glenn66

Thanks a lot.

You are right - collecting Hitler images is still nowadays in need of explanation in Germany, but when I explain that I'm only collecting these photos based on historical interest of Hitler, everything is fine.

@Ganer and No1canuck

Great, thank you for the support with these pictures.

@Paul D

You are welcome. There will follow more photos soon.

?

Another photo of Hitler during Nuremberg Rally. Once again I don't know the exact year. Hitler looks a bit older to me in this photograph. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Welcome to the forum Stefan and thanks for sharing photos from your collection.

Hummel

?

Update on the last Nuremberg Rally photos:

Both seem to be taken in 1938. I received an answer from the documentation center nazi party rally grounds.

?

Today I want to present you a special set of Hitler photographs.

Hitler visiting the famous battleship Tirpitz on May 5 1941 in Gotenhafen (nowadays Gdynia, a Polish harbor town).

Tirpitz was the second of two Bismarck-class battleships built for Nazi Germany's Kriegsmarine (navy) during World War II.
    Work was completed in February 1941. Tirpitz was the heaviest battleship ever built by a European navy. More information about this ship can be found here.

The seven photos I possess are original, but they are no individual shots. It seems that they were sold in the canteen of Tirpitz to the crew. (I read this in a German forum).

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

I found some interesting auctions, f.e. this one or the photo which you can see in the attachment.

The photos are very cheap, so I have to ask myself: Are this original photographs? How and when did they get into the hands of "ARCHIVES MILITAIRES USA"?

In the auction it says: "Cette photo est un tirage authentique de presse" - this photo is an authentic press copy.

No original photo? A copy? But authentic? I'm confused. Can someone help me concerning this special photos?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast