Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Photographs of A. Hitler

Article about: Dear all, I am new to this forum. My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of

For whoever dreamed up That regulation....there's a thousand collectors in the distant future that would like to give them a slap upside the head...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of A. Hitler
    P
    Many

?

Adolf Hitler rehearses gestures intended to look spontaneous while listening to a recording of one of his speeches. The photos were taken by his personal photographer Heinrich Hoffmann in August 1927.

They were sold by N.S. Photopropaganda Hoffmann as "photographic moments taken during a speed of Adolf Hitler".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler  

Very interesring historical photos

?

Hello Stefan, some fantastic photos, regarding the pics of the christmas party with gunther lutzow, this is 1940-41 as you rightly say, lutzow was with jagdgeschwader 3 at this time, you can make out the badge of III/JG3 on the front of the stage, axe on a white shield, best regards Willie

?

Hello Willie,

thanks a lot for your confirmation. You are really hawk-eyed, I did not notice the badge.

Now I want to show you a nice set of large original press photos, all of them are from the historical picture library Heinrich Hoffmann.

1) Hitler watching the German advance in Poland, September 1939

2) Hitler in conversation with Ion Antonescu, Prime Minister and dictator of Romania. They met several times, sadly I do not know when the photo was taken. On the left of Antonescu there is Keitel, is that right?

3) Early portrait of Hitler. I think it was taken in the early 1930's. What do you think?

4) Early photo of Hitler between together with the SA. Also early 1930's?

5) Hitler giving a speed in front of the Reichstag. Late 1930's?

6) Hitler with a captured flag of a Polish regiment, September 1939. Between Hitler and Himmler, is this Martin Bormann or Julius Schaub?

7) Hitler together with Mussolini, Keitel and the famous flying ace Adolf Galand during lunch at an airfield.

8) Hitler and Göring making pland in the Reich Chancellery, date unknown.

9) Mountainside retreat Obersalzberg, 1943. Does the background really look like the Obersalzberg? Probably the presentation of a uniform? Is this the German Wehrmacht officer Otto Ernst Remer who explains the uniform to Hitler?

I am conceivable for every answer.

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler  

Quote by SH89 View Post

2) Hitler in conversation with Ion Antonescu, Prime Minister and dictator of Romania. They met several times, sadly I do not know when the photo was taken. On the left of Antonescu there is Keitel, is that right?
    Yes it is.

Quote by SH89 View Post
    6) Hitler with a captured flag of a Polish regiment, September 1939. Between Hitler and Himmler, is this Martin Bormann or Julius Schaub?
    Definitely Schaub.

?

Thanks a lot!

Can someone confirm my assumptions regarding photos 3, 4 and 5? And it would be very interesting to clarify if the last photo really was taken at the Obersalzberg.

?

Hi Stefan, pic 3 looks late 1920s, also pic 4, just look at the faces, the man of the moment, more superb pictures thank you, Willie

?

Some questions that still remain:

1) -

2) Hitler in conversation with Ion Antonescu, Prime Minister and dictator of Romania. They met several times, sadly I do not know when the photo was taken. What do you think?

3) -

4) -

5) Hitler giving a speed in front of the Reichstag. Late 1930's?

6) -

7) -

8) Date unknown...

9) Mountainside retreat Obersalzberg, 1943. Does the background really look like the Obersalzberg? Probably the presentation of a uniform? Is this the German Wehrmacht officer Otto Ernst Remer who explains the uniform to Hitler?

Thanks for all your help!

Best regards,
    Stefan

?

In the meantime I was able to clarify nearly all remaining questions.

2) Ion Antonescu received his knight's cross on 6th August 1941. Am I right in assuming that he is wearing this medal on the photo? If that's true, the photo was taken after this date.

5) Late 1930's seems to be correct.

7) August or September 1941, Eastern front

8) Date still unknown...

9) Presentation of the new windblouse for the Gebirgsjäger (mountaintroops), probably around 1938

More photos coming soon!

Best regards,
    Stefan

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast