Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Photographs of A. Hitler

Article about: Dear all, I am new to this forum. My name is Stefan, I am 25 years old and I come from Germany. I'm interested in the Third Reich and the Second World War, especially in the rise and fall of

Quote by SH89 View Post
    2) Ion Antonescu received his knight's cross on 6th August 1941. Am I right in assuming that he is wearing this medal on the photo? If that's true, the photo was taken after this date.
    Yes; he is wearing the Knight's Cross (around his neck) as well as the Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer- und Beobachterabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten (above his left breast pocket).

Quote by SH89 View Post
    9) Presentation of the new windblouse for the Gebirgsjäger (mountaintroops), probably around 1938
    I'm afraid 1938 is impossible, as the officer doing the explaining is wearing several wartime decorations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of A. Hitler
    P
    Many

?

You are right, thank you!

Take a look at this: Link

"Due to their role in the potentially snowy mountainous regions Mountain troop personnel were issued a winter camouflage wind blouse as early as 1938."

The windblouse was introduced in 1938, but the photo was taken in 1943.

Now we got it!

Why are they showing Hitler a five year old windblouse? Maybe they planned to use them in Russia? I'm no expert in uniforms...

?

Original press photos from Hoffmann and Scherl:

Hitler opening and visiting the Internationale Automobil- und Motorradausstellung (International Motor Show) in Berlin.

Photo 1-4: 1937
    Photo 5-6: 1938

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

?

Quote by SH89 View Post
    Some questions that still remain:

1) -

2) Hitler in conversation with Ion Antonescu, Prime Minister and dictator of Romania. They met several times, sadly I do not know when the photo was taken. What do you think?

3) -

4) -

5) Hitler giving a speed in front of the Reichstag. Late 1930's?

6) -

7) -

8) Date unknown...

9) Mountainside retreat Obersalzberg, 1943. Does the background really look like the Obersalzberg? Probably the presentation of a uniform? Is this the German Wehrmacht officer Otto Ernst Remer who explains the uniform to Hitler?

Thanks for all your help!

Best regards,
    Stefan
    2. Another famous face. Is that not Ribbentrop to Hitlers emediate right?

3. Could this picture be from when Hitler was in-prisoned?

Hummel

Remer didn't get his Knight's Cross until after the 20 July 1944 Coup Attempt, so I have doubts that this is Remer showing Hitler the Mountain-Troop Smock...Photo may have been taken at one of the barracks in the area of the Obersalzberg, but not the Berghof itself...I could be mistaken, but that appears to be part of an SS Rune Flag visible...
    Glenn

?

Thank you for your answers.

You seem to be right Glenn, this is not Remer.

Do you remember the first photo I presented in this thread? (see attachment 1 of this post)
    We discussed about the men behind Hitler (Schaub and Himmler, as well as race car driver)

Some days ago I received a quite similar photo. (see attachment 2 of this post)

In the back of the car there is also a race car driver, am I right in assuming this?

Do you know the man between the race car driver and Hitler?

On the back of the photo there is a stamp with the following date: 27. May 1934

I don't know if the photo was taken on this date (at least that would be logical), but on May 27, 1934 Hitler opened the German Theaterweek...

Best regards,
    Stefan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of A. Hitler   Photographs of A. Hitler  

Quote by Hummel View Post
    2. Another famous face. Is that not Ribbentrop to Hitlers emediate right?
    Yes, it is.

?

Great, thanks a lot!

Any comments on my previous post with the supposed race car driver?

Quote by SH89 View Post
    Any comments on my previous post with the supposed race car driver?
    I'm far from sure (and am really terribly bad with faces anyway), but I think it could be Bernd Rosemeyer.

?

Awesome thread.

The amount of knowledge on this forum is absolutely amazing.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast