Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Photographs of a (Unter)Offizier der Panzertruppen

Article about: Good evening guys, These three photographs are part of my finds in Berlin this week. I got a good look at them and I think they're quitte interessant. They are all three of the same person.

?

Default Photographs of a (Unter)Offizier der Panzertruppen

Good evening guys,

These three photographs are part of my finds in Berlin this week. I got a good look at them and I think they're quitte interesting. They are all three of the same person. I think he is wearing a 'crusher' visor, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Also it looks like there is a 'p' on the schulterklappen. And as you can see he is awarded a Panzerkampfanzeichen and the Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz.

These photographs cost me almost nothing, and I was really suprised to see all these details when I got a better look at them.

Enjoy and all comments are welcome.

Regards, Rik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs of a (Unter)Offizier der Panzertruppen   Photographs of a (Unter)Offizier der Panzertruppen  

Photographs of a (Unter)Offizier der Panzertruppen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs of a (Unter)Offizier der Panzertruppen
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Looks like a Silk top crusher, beautiful hat and great photos thanks for sharing.

Can't quite see for sure but he appears to have war merit & Sudetenland medal ribbons. My first thought of the couple together was that it was taken outside the Tiergsrten zoo, but I'm not sure.

?

Thank you for the comments. I took a better look at the portrait, wich is clearer in hand. I think he wears a feldspange for the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse and the medaille Winterschlacht im Osten.

He's an Offizier [commissioned officer] in all three pictures.

In the third photograph, he's is wearing the shoulder boards for a Leutnant [2nd Lieutenant]; they are not clear enough to positively identify in the other two and neither is the shoulder strap cypher in the the third photograph.

The cap in all three photographs is the officers' Feldmütze alter Art [old model field cap], i.e. the so-called "crusher cap".

In the first two photographs, he is wearing a tailor-made officer-quality field blouse, in the third one, an enlisted-grade model. Officers with duty positions up to and including regimental commander were to wear enlisted-grade uniforms in the field, which they could draw from unit stocks against payment.

The ribbons on his ribbon bar appear to be for the EK2 and the Sudetenland medal.

?

Thank you for the additional information Andreas. Very helpfull as always.

And the Third photograph didn't come out as clear as I hoped, but looking at it in hand it clearly shows the ribbon bar for the Winterschlacht medal.

And just to give a timeframe, on the back of the first photograph is written 'Juli 43'.