Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!

Article about: A new section to post original photographs of those who were holders of the Ritterkreuz and it's higher orders !! - - Updated - - Oberleutnant Wolfgang Ryll 13.10.1941 Oberleutnant Führer 5.

Hello Bill, not yet and I am beginning to despair

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!
    P
    Many

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Steve - Great signed portrait/painting! That's really neat that he added the RK himself too! That would be cool if you could find who owns the other photo to possibly add to your grouping
    Thanks Bill.......unfortunately Pohl's TR and 1957 awards and photo album were sold at an auction house in Germany in September of this year....then sadly as is often the case, some one began to split the set on E-Bay,I won his 57er awards, his TR awards never appeared (where they are i do not know !) and I lost out on the photo album....but I downloaded the images prior to its sale, so I have them on my data base ! I shall be doing a thread on Pohl in the near future, and will despite not having permission, I will post the album images, in order to flush out an owner to either credit him/her with ownership and attempt to obtain said album and begin to reunite the group............lets see what happens.
    Strangely Pohl's RK has not surfaced to date, and was not part of the auction lot in Germany, I have correspondence from Pohl, stating that he "disassembled" the cross and sent it home in 1945 with a returning POW, he himself returned in 1954.
    Does his family still have it ?
    Here is the auction lot followed by his items in my collection....if anyone can help locate further Pohl items I would be most grateful.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!   Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!  

?

Oh wow, what a grouping. The 57er set is fantastic!! Glad you got those. And I agree, sounds like the family might still have the RK.....as it probably would have popped up somewhere by now. Interesting that he disassembled it for sending too! Looking forward to the thread Steve, good idea.

Lengies, I know, I wonder if the guys at AHF might be able to help. Some of them are great at IDing RKTs there.

?

I think the soldier awarded with KC is Baptist Kupfer.

Lado

Quote by LS1969 View Post
    I think the soldier awarded with KC is Baptist Kupfer.

Lado
    thanks LS1969, have you a picture of him to compare please?

?

Quote by lengies View Post
    thanks LS1969, have you a picture of him to compare please?
    Kupfer, Baptist 25.07.1944 Grenadier MG-Schütze i. d. 4.(MG)/Gren.Rgt 544

Nice Lado! But I cant find one either Lengies!? I think you have a rare one here my friend. This site dedicated to the 389 ID has pics of almost every soldier from the Regiment, except your RKT!!! lol

http://www.389id.de/Listen/Infanteri...ment%20544.htm

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Kupfer, Baptist 25.07.1944 Grenadier MG-Schütze i. d. 4.(MG)/Gren.Rgt 544

Nice Lado! But I cant find one either Lengies!? I think you have a rare one here my friend. This site dedicated to the 389 ID has pics of almost every soldier from the Regiment, except your RKT!!! lol

http://www.389id.de/Listen/Infanteri...ment%20544.htm
    Hello Bill, thanks, well that is a good news !!!

?

Hello to all,
    When I first saw this few fotos from Langies I searched through may PC and books and labeled him as Baptist Kupfer. Than a couple of weeks ago the same foto was posted on Axis History Forum and a member ''Docarchiv'' had the same opinion.
    In addition to those fotos I have one foto of Baptist Kupfer from Scherzers DVD and one from KAI Winkler site.
    He is also listed in the book Ritterkreuzträger im Mannschaftsstand 1941-1945 with one foto - nearly the same as from Scherzers DVD but with larger view.

Langies, I'm not able to post pictures but you can send me your mail address and I will send the fotos.

Lado

Lado i have already received your photos on my mail. many thanks for your help, much appreciated!!!!

?

Here are a couple....I unfortunately have not ID'ed either RKT.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos of High Award Winners RKT and above !!  

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast